Photos ...June trip away !

Andy the Aussie

Platinum Member
Gold Member
......went away at the start of June for a little sanity break but it has been so hectic since I returned I completely forgot to post any pics !!

I will say that out here it has been wet....really wet...and still is. Heading up the country things did not bode well....

And yes the place was REALLY wet, in fact the property had had lots more rain that anywhere else, the tracks were slush and to top it off it was bloody cold (that said I prefer being away in the cold). I arrived Friday evening and I normally don't light the fire till the following day but this time around I cranked it up. Wood was a bit of an issue but we had enough to last a few days (mostly larger pieces not cut up at the end of April that everyone else who may have been there thought too big to burn, took to them with the saw asap).

My friend discovered how wet the tracks were when he tried to do a three point turn and got stuck....

....if you look at a previous thread he also got stuck then, that left me questioning the functioning of his auto-locking hubs. So did this ! Upon his return to civilisation he surely found that they were no longer functioning (this explained more than a few issues he had had.

Some hunting....

....there is a pig in there ! And here it is ...

..... you can see it almost landed on the jaw of a hog I shot in the almost same spot earlier in the year !!

One more...

....head shot....

Not mine, one of my friends took a really interesting cull head....!!

Weather continued to alternate between really cold or wet....!!! In a cold phase I went and topped up the wood box !!

Sunset......

Random lunch pic....

And that was about it, honestly just enjoyed being disconnected for a week and listening to the sound of rain on an iron roof.

Nice Photos......Good to get away from the City. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photos - and the accompanying story - Andy.

Ahhhh mate, I miss ice cold bundy. Great shots! Glad you had a good expedition šŸ»

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Makes me itch for November to come faster (opening of general deer season in TX).

What species of deer did your compatriot kill? Is it a fallow?

What part of Australia is this, Andy? I've been watching a documentary with my children as part of their homeschool education on the wilds of Australia and had no idea it was such a diverse continent having everything from rainforest to desert and everything in between.

This is in the New England area of NSW. It will snow through here a few times each winter.

I always love these posts! Thanks, Andy!
I agree; thank you Andy! One of my most memorable hikes was in a light rain ā€“ we were the only ones on the trail, and there was not anyone nearby ā€“ it was very peaceful.

The weather has to be pretty brutal (very hot or cold, or maybe very wet) for me not to enjoy being out in nature.

Back