Junglee ---Good or bad? indifferent?

As i was searching for a Ken Onion for a decent price I came across a company called Junglee. Has anyone had any experince or knowledge of theses guys?

From what i've heard, they are all fairly good quality, esp the hattori series. I heard that the bolo knife kind of thing they have (small one) is terrible, but that was never backed up.

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

Junglee makes pretty good stuff, and I have one of the Hattori fighters. Its an awesome piece for a factory knife.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

if i'm not mistaken they make knives for Smith&Wesson...their S.W.A.T. series of knives...they are a pretty good deal for the price.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised by them making the knives for SWAT. The handles look pretty similar. Of course, the SWAT knives use far inferior steel. I heard it was 440C from the company, but no way, that is not 440C! It is probably 440A or 420J2. In terms of value, I think Junglee wouldn't be a bad deal. Seems like a pretty solid knife. Anyone know if they are Taiwanese or Japanese made? I heard a long time ago they were Taiwanese, but then I noticed that many were from Seki, Japan. Of course maybe they do both....

------------------
Chang and the Rebels of the East!
Southern Taiwan Will Rise Again!
cst.jpg

I was thinking the folders were made in Taiwan. Like the Sahara and the Shenzi's.

------------------
Chang and the Rebels of the East!
Southern Taiwan Will Rise Again!
cst.jpg

I like Junglee, they are great knives for the price. I have the Special Forces, which is a beatiful 4" fix blade w/ sholder harness and belt clip nylon shealth. Very nice quality blade. It's made in Taiwan. The Hattori fighter is definite the best, handled once, that thing is so well built and balanced. Their folders are also very sturdy workhorses. Overall, its a good company.

I'm pretty sure S&W knives are made of 440A.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

I have only a couple Junglee knives, both folders. One, the Z knife, is made in Seki, Japan. It is a pretty decent little "Ladybug"-sized knife. The other, the Shenzi, is make in Taiwan. Not beautiful, but it makes a nice, tough beater knife...also its blade is very nicely done, AUS-8.
As far as S&W and Junglee folders, I think the made-in-Taiwan folders of Junglee and S&W might be manufactured in the same Taiwan plant, but I don't think Junglee itself makes the S&W folders.
Jim

I've got a Junglee Marshall that I like a lot. It is a linerlock with an AUS-10 alloy blade. This alloy takes an extra sharp razor edge like AUS-8, but is a bit tougher. The Marshall is built lighter than some of the Spydercos I've seen, but works well for my purposes.

Does it not bug you people that Junglee rips designs off from other brands? examples:
Hattori = Katz Alley Cat
Z = Q
All of theirs are pretty much a copy.

-Bart

I have one of their short swords and it is marked AUS8A and made in Seki Japan. The SWAT knives may very well be 440C but any steel that is not properly heat treated won't be worth a diddly (420J2 really sucks, it cant be heat treated worth a darn.) Also I don't care for the way that Junglee makes ripoff copies of other very good knives.
Originally posted by Comrade Chang:
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised by them making the knives for SWAT. The handles look pretty similar. Of course, the SWAT knives use far inferior steel. I heard it was 440C from the company, but no way, that is not 440C! It is probably 440A or 420J2. In terms of value, I think Junglee wouldn't be a bad deal. Seems like a pretty solid knife. Anyone know if they are Taiwanese or Japanese made? I heard a long time ago they were Taiwanese, but then I noticed that many were from Seki, Japan. Of course maybe they do both....

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by muzzleup (edited 07-23-2000).]

The Junglee knives that I have seen and handled had decent quatlity. However, I don't like the fact that they seem to copy popular designs instead of developing their own.

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

The newer models are great. Take a look at the Tri-point with AUS-10 blade. THis knife is very thin and light with a good a three screw metal clip. Fit and finish are great. IMO it's one of the best for the price.

------------------
Ray Carr

Back