Jurassic world, Owens knife

Just watched Jurassic world and I liked the little fixed blade the main character is scout carrying around. Can't find what it is. Anyone know?

guys a real contribution to the forums

It looks like Steve Auvenshine is the knifemaker who made the knife you’re asking about. If you want one you could probably get one from him that’s exactly like the movie.

Last edited:
Just watched Jurassic world and I liked the little fixed blade the main character is scout carrying around. Can't find what it is. Anyone know?
Excuse my naivete, but what does 'scout carry' mean? i've not heard the term before.

Thank you. Is there a practical reason for carrying that way. We dont usually carry fixed blades here so im quite interested.
Keeps it a little more out of the way for maneuverability. Hence scout carry, so the can move around easier. Also a little easier to conceal

Keeps it a little more out of the way for maneuverability. Hence scout carry, so the can move around easier. Also a little easier to conceal
Aha....thank you. I will google scout carry sheaths and have a go at making one. Ive just modded an old hckory that needs a sheath. Im giving it to an old mate as a gift and it sounds like it would be a perfect way to carry on a m/cycle when he's camping.

Aha....thank you. I will google scout carry sheaths and have a go at making one. Ive just modded an old hckory that needs a sheath. Im giving it to an old mate as a gift and it sounds like it would be a perfect way to carry on a m/cycle when he's camping.
A bike would be a perfect scenario for a scout carry. I'm sure he'll like it

Back