1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Just a design I drew up

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Caden-s, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hey guys, for the past couple(5) years of my knife collecting and lurking on here never posting or creating an account, I’ve finally done it. Over my past years of experience I’ve found knives I love and hate, and even the knives I love have something I could change(I like the blade shape and steel but hate the locking system or handle material, I like the handle shape and lock but hate the blade shape or opening mech, etc) I’m sure we all go through this LOL. Well I’ve been compiling a list of what I like in a knife and have been making some sketches. Well tonight I finally made what I think is a final draft. I rly like it and I figured I share. Here’s a list of specs for those of you who can’t read my crap handwriting-
    M390 steel
    Full flat grind
    Flipper
    Micarta or G-10
    Lockbar/axis-style lock
    Light jimping on spine
    Recessed deep carry clip(non reversible, in the sketches it’s drawn on the left side but in production it would be on the right)
    Lanyard hole
    .12” blade
    Sub 2.75 oz

https://ibb.co/7G4NrjB

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    Alright so that didn’t work. How the heck do I upload these photos?!! (I’m on iPhone)

3. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Imgur

4. FeelingEdgy

FeelingEdgy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I’d say it looks like nothing

5. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

CVamberbonehead and Caden-s like this.
  6. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Looks like a nice useful design to me. I’m a fan drop point blades and flippers. Your picture puts me in mind of the Benchmade Grizzly Ridge.

7. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    Definitely liked the aesthetics of the grizzly ridge but this is more slender like a 940 with a very robust tip for prying

8. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Welcome. Not bad at all.

1) How would the tip be made robust?
    2) What is the "concavity" for near the tip?

9. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    The tip would be similar to a Fox knives mini core or an Osborne 940. This solid tip would be good for hard use [prying] while that ~clip point~ would allow for decent puncturing. I don’t know what you mean by concavity though.

10. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Your clipped point is straight, then concave (u-shaped, like a "cave"). What is the purpose of that?

11. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    Ah, that divit is for the good ol “finger test” (if you watch bladehq then you know exactly what i mean) but basically it is for you to place your pointer finger on when doing more precise tasks or choking up. I personally find myself putting my pointer finger on the top of my knives when cutting food and what not

12. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Reasonable. I might make it a little larger if it's for that purpose.

How do you know you would come in under your weight limit?

Caden-s likes this.
  13. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    Agreed, I definitely will think about that and see what I can draw up. The weight limit is definitely gonna be tricky, but with the blade being .12” thick, the handle being made out of micarta or g10, and it having barrel spacers, it should fall under 3oz. Which, for me, is fine. Obviously not a gym shorts knife.

14. rpttrsn

rpttrsn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Did I miss the blade length?

15. Caden-s

Caden-s

Nov 11, 2020
    The blade length is in the picture, around 2.5”(cutting edge)

16. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Well, I do like it.

Very Green River/Hunter/Dadley/Kephart. No silly unjustified bells and whistles and pointy bits.

Caden-s likes this.