Off Topic Just a little thing.

Recently came out of our family doctor's office at about 2:00, very hungry.

My wife had a podiatrist visit earlier. She doesn't eat breakfast, so I figured she would have already eaten lunch. I called her, and she had just settled in one of our favorite restaurants about 30 miles away.

"Have you eaten?" she asked.
"No, just leaving doctor's office."
"Do you want to come here?"
"You must be very hungry."
"I'll wait for you."
"I'm coming."

On the way, I got to thinking.
I have been married to this woman for 46 years.
Although I am very hungry, I'm driving 30 miles to eat with her.
Although she hasn't even had breakfast, she is waiting to eat with me.
Being retired, we see each other many hours every day. Yet we will both delay eating to be together a little longer today.

And I thought, "Dang, that's pretty nice."

Thank you for making me smile today.

I really enjoyed the fact that it isn't the meal that's important, it's the company :)

Ineed - made me smile.

A great woman is wonderful to have in your life.

best

mqqn

46 years?

You newlyweds!

Ain't it grand? I'm thankful for my "gun girl" every day. We got married at 16 & have been together 25 years.

She never complains about my hobbies, or what I blow, errr, invest in them. She enjoys shooting, and has helped me load ammo on numerous occasions. She loves going to the KC shoot, and helps me sort the piles for things I want.

She's my gal, and I'm lucky to have her. It's great to hear from others who understand.

Here's to 46! May you two enjoy many more together!

Not only nice, that there is LOVE!!!
Thank you for the post & the tale of you two lovebirds!
Nice to read something "nice"!

You definitely have a keeper but that's just stating the obvious. Congrats on having a Real partner.

Great story Mike! :thumbsup: :cool:

I am lucky enough to have married my best friend as well. There is simply no one that I would rather just hang out with. :thumbsup: :D

After the kids go to bed at night we find the greatest joy in just sitting together and enjoying the silence. :thumbsup::cool:

So from one lucky guy to another. . . . Congrats my friend! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Mike, you should be the model that all aspire to. Congrats on having an amazing marriage.

Garth

Back