1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gevonovich, Dec 29, 2012.

1. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks Bob! Case really got that one right! I'm considering picking up a third one so I was playing with this one today.

2. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    Well, it's been a while since I posted. Here's one of my favourite knives :)

[​IMG]

Dr-Mabuse and TFBraden like this.
  3. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Very nice James🤙

4. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I e the way those old iron bolsters age, great shot Gev, great Remington

Aright, the colored acrylics they're comin' out with rivals the old celluloid for variety band brilliance, what do you call the color?

I didn't get past the Viper, I completely missed the buildings, I've never really saw one before, wow Alan, that's stunning stag.

I've always loved that theme, I showed my wife a picture of r8shell's Yellow Rose knife awhile back, she said it was pretty :rolleyes: She said it reminded her of our first road trip together. We went to Texas and figured if we didn't kill each other after 10 days we wou

Here ya go, these Case/ose Sowbellys with the single blade are fantastic gentlemen's knives and so pocket friendly. I love the attention to detail like the sunken joint and the F&F is outstanding. This one's for you Bob. ;)

[​IMG]

5. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    I agree Ted, today's acrylics are outstanding. GEC appropriately calls the acrylic you asked about, "Tomato".

More knives with tomato covers.
    [​IMG]
    photo from www

6. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Tomato, aptly named, reminds me of tomato soup. :)

7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    My father just got me this coin and a few others and that is very special in many ways! Had to take it out of for a picture with two of my favorite companions

[​IMG]

Ted

Thank you Sir!! That Case sowbelly is a gem and it glows :D Great photograph with the frost :D

Rambler and TFBraden like this.
  8. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Tomato soup is good James, even better as a Teamster's Jack.

9. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks Alan! Yes, a single blade sowbelly has a lot going for it and Case does their's well. I particularly like no sharp edges except on the blade... Oh yeah, and the near perfect clip blade... oh yeah, and the ergonomics and ... :eek::)

Love Tomato soup Alan... I'm hoping GEC comes out with a 66 to go with it... maybe a "Grilled Cheese" acrylic. ;) :)

10. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    The Yellow Rose Jack and a Tomato Harness Jack.

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup :)

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Do they pay you for these advertising ideas? Because they certainly should. Plus, now I need another knife.

12. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Calm down James[emoji3]🤙🤙

13. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    LOL!!! :D I'll try... but it's not going to be easy, I just ordered another one! :eek::)

14. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Well! Too late now! 🙄 I have the same affliction, but I'm looking for certain Case Bose collaborations. Except, I don't want to pay $400😞

15. GasMan1

GasMan1

May 27, 2015
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Both beauties Gev, love both knives but the jigging on the sheepfoot is AMAZING:eek:

I love the Walking Liberty my friend. I give my boys a Walking Liberty every year for Christmas:thumbup:

17. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    So many amazing knives out there. Here's a superb stag 72 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dr-Mabuse, Old Engineer and TFBraden like this.
  18. jlhoffman74

jlhoffman74 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
  19. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Yes it is !

Dr-Mabuse likes this.
  20. Atiger

Atiger Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 7, 2016