Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

I never get tired of looking at your pictures. Something about the corner of that planter box maybe.

Thanks! It does make a good background plus I think the plants help diffuse the light. (My neighbors probably think I am crazy with all of the time I spend out there.)

Thanks! It does make a good background plus I think the plants help diffuse the light. (My neighbors probably think I am crazy with all of the time I spend out there.)
I think so. The off-white of the wood is a good neutral colored "stand" for the knife. The flat green of the leaves gives a nice contrasting but not distracting background for bolsters, blades, and other light colored parts, and the occasional marigold gives a nice pop of color.

I know nothing about photography though, this is pure speculation.

My #89 collection; I added the bottom one this week :D. It may be the most photogenic knife I own....

That is simply a beautiful lineup. And yes, the Elk is quite photogenic!
I'm not usually drawn to long, slender folders, but these are quite nice.

KAvtS4R.jpg

So we just took a trip up to Brimfield, Ma. All the way up and back we antiqued all over the place. So in a little antique mall in Burlington NJ I stumbled across this nice little jack knife made by Imperial. Now those of you who know me, know that for a few years I collected, restored and even have the original store displays of these old shell handled knives by Imperial and Hammer Brand. Kind of like a watermelon cover, don't cha think? Never seen this particular one before. 1946 to 56 era.

So we just took a trip up to Brimfield, Ma. All the way up and back we antiqued all over the place. So in a little antique mall in Burlington NJ I stumbled across this nice little jack knife made by Imperial. Now those of you who know me, know that for a few years I collected, restored and even have the original store displays of these old shell handled knives by Imperial and Hammer Brand. Kind of like a watermelon cover, don't cha think? Never seen this particular one before. 1946 to 56 era.

Ever get any good knives at Brimfield?

No, and I was there in May as well as last week. Didn't see any real knife deals to be had at all there. There were a lot of wrecked, rusted and worn out knives that are too high priced, but I guess if you're looking for parts knives, there may be some there for you.

Had that same Schrade Scrimmed Barlow. Gave it to a friend of mine who liked Schrades and lost the Barlow his old man gave him so I gave him mine. Had the same ducks :). That was 20 years ago. Seein' yours now makes me really miss mine. It was the perfect fit for my hand. Oh well :( . Nice collection Mr Pt-Luso. :)

View attachment 751809 Used some cold blueing yesterday... my tinkering sometimes gets away from me. I would think some use and pocket time will make her look better. Everyone have a good weekend.

Edit: that looks so bad I shouldn't post it. Maybe it will be a good example on what not to do. Haha
A little time with some 0000 steel wool, oil and elbow grease will knock that down to a nice finish...

Back