1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Picture:

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by pertinux, Apr 18, 2017.

1. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Quack.

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

Growing up in the '60s pelicans were a rare sight and nearly extinct. Conservation efforts have paid off and they are now back in large numbers. I got to see several large colonies this week and smaller pods of birds like this hanging around the docked boats are a common site.

IMG_1876.JPG

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
  3. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks Brian. I gotta say, it’s one sweet knife. I’ve always liked the blade profile of the Ladyfinger and to have one in an EDC size is just awesome.

mistwalker likes this.
  4. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Yeah, same here. I'm more drawn to the smaller blades these days, and I like the mini L better than the original. I've handled a few of them.

5. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Bold standing up in a pirogue like that. Wish I had mad skills like that. Always loved the marsh in the morning and evening light.

Wurrwulf likes this.
  6. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Here's my Christmas afternoon garage time works tempering in the oven. (As you can see, I really need to clean the oven.) oh and the grinds could be a tad bit more even. Every time I do this, I really appreciate how much goes into a FBF knife and how much craftsmanship really means.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    This is my wife's Christmas gift from me. Jarrett custom made it for her since she loves turquoise. Turned out superb. Just wanted to show it off.

[​IMG]

steve o, Tutone, Oyster and 4 others like this.
  8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thats sweet

Bmurray likes this.
  9. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    I'm far from Georgia these days, but I can definitely see how I've been influenced by the "Georgia School" of knife making when I look at these two I hammered out this week. Hope I can make Trackrock this spring, I definitely could use some pointers on evening out the grind lines...

[​IMG]

Bmurray, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  10. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    That JF knife is sweet!

11. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Swo! I'll have my grinder there and in a few minutes I can show you how to improve your grinds.

SA Condor likes this.
  12. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Some combos just make me smile when I carry them. The EDC II (unused) and sheath both came from Rick Lowe, a true craftsman and Gentleman.
    [​IMG]

Bmurray, Oyster and Nbrackett like this.
  13. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Thought this one was better here than anywhere else

[​IMG]

14. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Can you say 3/32" sweetness......

[​IMG]

15. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Pàdruig, Oyster, Bmurray and 4 others like this.
  16. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    Camelthorn Bush Hermit resting in a step cut into a coconut palm - we use them to climb the tree to reach the fruit.
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, NoRest, Oyster and 10 others like this.
  17. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, NoRest, Bmurray and 2 others like this.
  18. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, pertinux, Oyster and 4 others like this.
  19. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Just a picture :)

[​IMG]

20. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    My 2nd Fiddleback from a while back. Love how the un-dyed spot matches the exposed bark and the green pinstripes and dye match the mosses. My Arete is at one with the tree!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pertinux, Thorns, mistwalker and 2 others like this.