Just bought a Leatherman Juice CS4

And I'm taking it back. Quite stiff and the tools don't line up. You have to push them to the side to get the other one to fit. The can opener is horrible.

Victorinox Swiss Champ is way better. The pliers aren't as good as the leatherman though.

Anyone have this experience with Leathermans or did i get a bad one?

And I'm taking it back. Quite stiff and the tools don't line up. You have to push them to the side to get the other one to fit. The can opener is horrible.

Victorinox Swiss Champ is way better. The pliers aren't as good as the leatherman though.

Anyone have this experience with Leathermans or did i get a bad one?

Which tools specifically?

On my older Juice, I have to slightly reposition the saw to close the awl. I see this as a part of how closely the tools are crammed in there.

Generally speaking, the tools on my Leatherman deploy perfectly as designed assuming they are reasonably well maintained and lubricated.

S2 Juice, love it. Some of the tools rub, but they also rub on my Workchamp and Swisschamp.

I have two Juice S2's and one CS4. IMO, the CS4 adds a lot of weight and bulk for tools that most people never use. I haven't had the issue you are referring to, but the tools are tight (less after you use it for awhile). I have a few SAK's but the Juice S2 has been my go-to for almost 20 years.

I dedicated my CS4 to my emergency bag, and only occasional will take my SAK OHT (rarely use the others).

I haven't had any issues using either the Juice can opener or the SAK can opener when traveling (I'll often eat canned black beans on long road trips). I'll also add, that besides using the pliers a lot, I enjoy using the Phillips on the S2 more than any other multi tool.

Back