Just for grins - Model #18 variants...

machine26, BL = 3.5", OAL = 6.5"

I too like the ST/NST option - even tho' not putting the saw teeth on the blade is a $35 cost option...lol

Kinda wish I hadn't broken up this set, but was made an offer I couldn't refuse...besides, I liked the smaller one better, so kept it... :thumbup:

ST/NST #18's are fairly rare btw - I've seen less than ten, probably closer to five, in the last ten years...

Attachments

• 1_18_5STNST.jpg
    1_18_5STNST.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 1_18_75STNST.jpg
    1_18_75STNST.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
The NST option does look good, but chicks dig the sawteeth. And, how can you build a 2 story survival shelter, woo the native women and spear various critters without the sawteeth? :D

Does that mean that the NST is an option not available anymore, or is it just not popular? I have yet to order a #18, and thanks to Samael's posting Rick Bowle's son's knife I have decided I would like one. It would be nice to know.

Ron,

It's most certainly available, at an additional charge of $35 (the last time I checked) - stainless steel blade, knurled handle (most seem to come this way now, so that feature may be standard and no longer be a chargeable option), compass, name engraving, and black (or waxed, or no-hone, or some combination therein) sheath are the only other options.

The one I've got has all the options except name engraving - make it your own; buy it and send it back to the shop for name engraving and you'll have the full monte... ;)

Hope that helps.

Shel, when did the $35 start?
In late 2009 my 18 arrived, and the invoice read like this:
18-7 1/2....$330
SS2..............35....(stainless)
STN...............0....(s'teeteh, no s'teeth)
KNH.............20....(knurl handle)
CI................10....(compass inst.)
MCB.............20....(blk sheath)
total...$415

-Steve

Steve, the fellow that I bought my Model #18 ST/NST knives from told me that it was a $35 per knife option to him...I've bought many RMK's from him, so took his word for it and repeated it as fact as I saw nothing in the catalog to contradict him. Can you scan your invoice please? Thanks too for the informed post! :thumbup:

you mean you don't have an ALL Stainless 18 in your collection??? IE:stainless guard and buttcap.... I wish I had one but what I really want more is a 16SF with saw teeth and a carbon blade....

This set is one of my most prized possessions. Two 5.5" crutchtips from 1967, absolutely brand new in their original Abercrombie Fitch boxes with original riveted splitback sheaths, original lacing (never installed), original tissue paper, original receipts and full impeccable documentation of everything. Beautiful patina on the brass guards. I'm the fourth owner. Original owner of 30 years was in Carson City, NV. which was key to the carbon steel blades staying spotless. That and renaissance wax. Everything is in 100% brand new, untouched condition. Enjoy the pics,

Pete

Last edited:
I'm having trouble capturing how cool and crisp these knives really are.......

Actually, the above pics are not bad. The documentation includes signed letters, etc.....original receipts for each knife, including one that's date stamped from AF.

I've always wanted one of the 7.5 inch ones, NST. But now that mini is screaming at me.

I don't know of any other NIB crutchtips. Thanks for the compliment,

Pete

Back