Just got my CQB-1

Well, my friend who races around in a big brown truck paid me a visit today, bearing gifts as usual
smile.gif
This time around it's the CQB-1. It's a very well made knife, I am most definitely impressed with it. Will told me that he believes that it is the nicest knife Camillus has made, I agree with that. Fit and finish of the handle is very smooth and the grip is very comfortable. the only sharp edge on this knife is where it's supposed to be
wink.gif
Balance is good and the CSM (CUDA Silk Matte) finish is quite smooth to the touch and the cutting edge quality is right on. I'm looking forward to putting the CQB-1 through its paces!

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

I agree wholeheartedly! I think this is one of the nicest fixed blade production knives to come along in some time and may very well be Camillus's best knife ever.

As I mentioned in another thread, I was bidding on an auction for a Polkowski Mongoose and chose to stop bidding and purchase the Camillus CQB-1 instead. Comparing the CQB-1 next to my Polkowski Polecat, I found virtually no difference in quality. This is not meant to insult Mr. Polkowski's work, which I love, but to compliment the production work done by Camillus. I think they are setting a new standard for production knives. Kudos to Mr. Fennell and Camillus!

------------------
"May you live in interesting times"

AKTI - A000389

Back