Just got my first balisongs

Listening to some of the advice given on the forums, I ordered 2 Jaguar balisongs in order to get familiar with the things in preparation for a BM 42 on preorder. I opened the UPS box today (no idea when it arrived). It took a little while (and some whacks from the handles on my fingers) but I've gotten the hang of windmill openings and closings. Clay's site has been open in a window for a good part of the day to facilitate the learning process. After having some fun with these things I can't wait for the model 42 to arrive.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Simon Yu

"I look at it this way. If things get much worse I'll be too dead to care."

felt good.. doesn't it, Simon?
smile.gif

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html
</A> If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

Alright Simon........... Welcome to the club!

Be honest, isn't this about THE most fun you've ever had with a blade???

------------------
Clay
www.balisongxtreme.com
Because......
getting 'em open
is half the fun!

At first you'll have some pain like a knife cut, may bleed some. With time and experience you'll be able to find great joy in it.................
Sorry, Clay, I'll be a good boy now.

------------------
\(^o^)/ Mizutani Satoshi \(^o^)/

Simon, where did you order them from? Also, how much did you pay?

------------------
"Though the meek shall inherit the Earth, they won't keep it past Saturday night..."

Sniperboy: Definately a satisfying experience even doing a basic windmill opening. And I'm getting better at keeping my fingertips out of the way too!

Clay: Not sure it's the most fun I've had with a knife. However since I've been taking allergy medicine, I haven't tried anything really fancy just yet since I KNOW that I'm not that coordinated right now. Did cut myself on a fubared left handed opening, though it's just a small nick. Still freaked out a friend of mine when i told her about it though
biggrin.gif

Leo: I ordered them for 25 dollars each at www.dragon-forge.com

------------------
Simon Yu

"I look at it this way. If things get much worse I'll be too dead to care."

[This message has been edited by Simon Yu (edited 03-16-2000).]

Thanks, Simon!
smile.gif

------------------
"Though the meek shall inherit the Earth, they won't keep it past Saturday night..."

Why does Dragon-Forge call these The Jaguar instead of made by Jaguar? Was wondering about the price difference between them and Knifezilla. Surgical steel on blade? I'm wanting to order one but don't know much about them. DaveAZ - p.s. you need the hyphen in the Dragon-Forge link

Dave,

The Jaguars at KnifeZilla are IDENTICAL to the Dragon-Forge Jags. Price is the only difference.

My guess is that, since Knifezilla ships Balisongs even where illegal, the price difference is to cover Bail if they ever get busted.

------------------
Clay
www.balisongxtreme.com
Because......
getting 'em open
is half the fun!

Back