Just got my first HTM knife......... blown away!

Yesterday I received my new HTM Madd Maxx 5.5 DLC assist in the mail. Other than the Meyerco I have, this is my first sampling of a DDR. Upon opening it up I was blown away. It exceeded every expectation that I had formed about it. No pictures or videos online really do it justice. I was expecting a sort of modern day Italian stiletto. What I got was a folding boot knife pumped full of steroids (or a slightly smaller than average bayonet). The thing feels like you can drive nails with it. I'm now officially hooked.

Welcome to HTM and DDR. Glad you enjoy your new knife. Also, if you think that's cool, he made a 9 inch version of the Mad Maxx at one point. 9 whopping inch blade. I dubbed it the Lightsaber.
lightsaber9.jpg

Welcome to HTM and DDR. Glad you enjoy your new knife. Also, if you think that's cool, he made a 9 inch version of the Mad Maxx at one point. 9 whopping inch blade. I dubbed it the Lightsaber.
lightsaber9.jpg

That's a two hander right there!!!:eek:

yo dude you need to snap some pics for the contest. you could win a m390 gunhammer

Honestly I'm not too sure. Ever just see something that just connects with you? I saw a picture of the Maxx online and just knew I would own one. The price didn't really put me off too much for that reason. My buddy at work was showing me his sebenza at work the other day and when he told me the price I handed right back to him. This thing tho seemed like a bargain. Plus I did some ebay hunting and scored it for quite the good price.

lightsaber9.jpg
I'm looking at this and wondering........ What if we shortened the handle down to 4" and put a lock on it so that it can lock it the closed position. You'd have an almost 5" fixed blade or a 9" folder. < I'd buy that. Throw in a nice kydex sheath. Better make that a bowie blade with a gentile radian-esque recurve and possibly skeletonize the whole thing or you would be driving nails with it. Well I think I just described my dream knife. Time to start looking for 2nd and 3rd jobs. :D

Honestly I'm not too sure. Ever just see something that just connects with you? I saw a picture of the Maxx online and just knew I would own one. The price didn't really put me off too much for that reason. My buddy at work was showing me his sebenza at work the other day and when he told me the price I handed right back to him. This thing tho seemed like a bargain. Plus I did some ebay hunting and scored it for quite the good price.

I know exactly what you mean. That was my impression the first time I saw the Gunhammer, and I recently felt it again while looking at the DDR AXD/Aftermath.

The quality in Chris Reeve's knives is unmistakable, no doubt, but the designs just don't speak to me. I suspect that's how you feel too. They're a little too conservative, a little too plain.

When I pull out my knife to use it, I want to enjoy watching it open or cut something, I want it to be as much an aesthetic experience as it is a matter of necessity. That, to me, is the purpose of a well-designed product: taking the mundane task it was designed for and turning it into a pleasurable experience. Joy in every second, every drop.

I'm sure you've searched a long time for a knife design (both in aesthetics and execution) that really connects with you, and Darrel's knives are definitely the ticket. Congratulations on finding your niche, and welcome to the HTM/DDR family!

I also recieved my first htm in the mail saturday. I agree with you, there is something about these knives that connects with you. It's not just a sterile tool, its a piece of art. Your hand connects with it in a way it will not with a sebenza. It is metal badassery. Mine is a gunhammer with stonewashed torpedo blade and a dark earth handle. I love it.

I always loved DDR because of his unique style. There's nothing else on the market that looks like his stuff, unless it's actually stuff that he licenses out to Meyerco or Fox. I cannot wait for my custom.

I always loved DDR because of his unique style. There's nothing else on the market that looks like his stuff, unless it's actually stuff that he licenses out to Meyerco or Fox. I cannot wait for my custom.

I am very interested in seing that custom too.

I still have not heard back about my inquest into a custom bowie AXD.

But after the amazing treatment I got on my DDR 5.5 that came back PERFECT - well I dont have any room to complain.

But after the amazing treatment I got on my DDR 5.5 that came back PERFECT - well I dont have any room to complain.

Give him a call. Let me know if you need his number again. This time is really busy for a lot of knife makers, so response time in email might take a while. Bladeshow is fast approaching. I'm surprised I still hear from the guy himself. He's usually very good about answering the phone.

Give him a call. Let me know if you need his number again. This time is really busy for a lot of knife makers, so response time in email might take a while. Bladeshow is fast approaching. I'm surprised I still hear from the guy himself. He's usually very good about answering the phone.

I will,but leaving town for a few so it wont be till a week from now.

I was really happy to get the DDR back in time to take her traveling.

In my pocket now !.

I will,but leaving town for a few so it wont be till a week from now.

I was really happy to get the DDR back in time to take her traveling.

In my pocket now !.
Very good, sir. Enjoy your trip and your knife.

Hi 258,
We have some RICH spam filters in place here.
Did you inquire about your /a knife sir?
Please let us know at dralph@earthlink.net
We will take care of it for you.
DDR

About the Maxx Knives.
I just had to do this.
This is the MM4 Alpha
We are making some of these in all of the sizes soon.
This one is a full blown Bad Ass Mo Fo!

attachment.php

attachment.php

openlr.jpglogoo.jpg

Time to consolidate the emails. No wonder I can't reach you sometimes, Darrel. You use 3 or 4 different kinds. Haha. I just told him to give you a ring.

Back