Just Got My Pacific Salt!

Just got this knife today! So far, I'm lovin' it! Reminds me of why I loved the original, earlier Endura models. Simple, and lightweight for an almost 4" bladed knife, barely know it's in your pocket. With the upgrades like the bigger Spyder-hole, and thumb ramp on the blade hump, and now the H-1 "rust proof" steel, it's hard not to love!

Congrats on the score. I'm not 100% sure, but it does seem like the H1 on my Pacific Salt has gotten easier to get a shaving sharp edge the more I sharpen it. I really like not having to worry about this steel. I have the PE yellow version. You?

Congrats. Pacific Salt is a winner. My go-to fishing knife unless I'm doing fillets.

Yep, the Pacific is a great knife, i've actually gotten my PE Pacific so sharp that it can sever free-hanging threads with a single swipe.....

it may not *hold* that degree of sharpness for very long, but it's a great show-off piece.....

I carry mine every day weak side. I have black handle and SE. I love this knife also. This is mostly my food knife, but I use it when ever I need a SE. My guess is that this gem is going to be a cult classic. H1 is great, the ergos are great, the weight is great. This knife can be beat, but for real beatings I also carry my PE mini manix tip up strong side. (Hello my name is Randy and I am a knife knut)

I think the Pacific Salt is one of the best knives Spyderco has ever made!

It would be perfect if it had dual skeletonized H-1 steel liners...
but keep the handle shape and don't change it to the one used by the Endura 4!

Back