Just got the Alpha Hunter fixed blade: NICE!

Hi all,

I'm new here; I've only been lurking in the past. Since I've gleaned so much info. in the past I thought I would give a token amount back. Here's the low-down on my first "real" knife:

Got the Buck Alpha Hunter yesterday from Cabela's. (the one with ATS-34 and rosewood handles) As I'm not a knife expert - yet - I can't offer too much wisdom. I can say that I'm very happy with the knife so far. IMHO, here's a review:

PROS:

-knife is VERY balanced in your hand. It is very comfortable to handle and I suspect one would have good control over the blade when skinning a deer (we'll see I hope :) )

-handle material is very attractive

-knife came arm-hair-shaving-sharp from factory

-overall seems high-quality

CONS:

-nothing big, however:

-I sort of wish they offered the rubber grips in ATS-34

-The tip of the blade is not as pointed and sharp as I had hoped. However it seems to be designed this way on purpose; I assume for durability reasons.

What does everyone else think that has the fixed blade version? I've seen lots of comments on the folder, but not the fixed blade. Which knives does it currently directly compete with? Thanks,

-David

If no one else has this knife, would someone be willing to point me toward other articles/forum posts reviewing the pros/cons of this knife? I know it really doesn't matter since I already have the knife; I'm just interested in learning more.

Thanks for any help,

-David

Back