Just got the new Benchmade 531 today!

I love this thing it's the lightest knife of it's size I've ever handled. I really like the blade shape, the G10 is absolutely beautiful, and the fit and finish is impeccable. Here's a cool picture I took earlier....

Last edited:
Congrats & thanks for sharing. I am curious how the blade shape/profile will compare to the older version as far as likes or dislikes.

Thanks I was never a big fan of the dagger type blade on the original version or the plastic handles so as soon as I saw the flat ground drop point with G10 I jumped on it.

I think this is all good. The only thing I would have done differently is to upgrade the steel. But all in all, I am completely pumped about the 531. The G-10 and drop point were the right modifications for them to make.

I think this is all good. The only thing I would have done differently is to upgrade the steel. But all in all, I am completely pumped about the 531. The G-10 and drop point were the right modifications for them to make.
I agree they should've used S30V it might have also justified the cost a little more.

Just to be clear...I'm not complaining. This is one heck of an improvement. :)

Does it have full steel liners under the G10, or is it similar to the plastic handled version with only partial liners?

For the record, I'm not worried about the strength of a G10 handle with partial steel liners, just curious about the construction :eek:

Does it have full steel liners under the G10, or is it similar to the plastic handled version with only partial liners?

For the record, I'm not worried about the strength of a G10 handle with partial steel liners, just curious about the construction :eek:
It's exactly the same except obviously G10 instead of plastic.

Kinda sucks I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered both the 531 and the 940-1 from a local dealer in January to support the local business. Got a good price and like having a knife shop in town...

I'm sure it will show up sooner or later. I too would have preferred S30V or even M390. Love the M390.

Back