Just in case you didn't know... Scott Gossman is a class act!

I know we all come here because we love Scott and the amazing knives he produces.

However, I must call everyone's attention to the fact that Scott has, and is continuing to, go out of his way for me.

On Friday I was able to visit Scott at his shop for the first time. The last time I saw Scott it was before I went to Iraq in 2005.

Scott could have been grinding away that morning, hanging out with his family, or doing anything else, but he took time out of his schedule to hang out with me.

Scott also continues to put up with my neurotic over-thinking-everything ideas when it comes to knife design.

To top that all off Scott is teaching me how to hunt. I have always wanted to go hunting but as with all of us life has taken me other places. Now that I have the time, and a great teacher, I am looking forward to going after some deer this fall.

Thank you Scott for being the class act that you are!

-Stan

Scott really is the man. I've stopped by his shop a handful of times and he never once made me feel even the slightest bit hurried. Was always just super willing to answer all my questions, let me fondle his awesome knives and just shoot the shit. He is truly one of the good guys!

That's awesome you are getting to learn to hunt from him. From what I know he's pretty good at it, and I hear he's a mean shot too :)

Scott is a class act!He has always treated me as a friend more so than a buyer.He is great to work with and the type of guy who is very willing to teach anything to anyone that ask. Look at his fantastic youtube videos.Everything from how he grinds to what he carries deer hunting.If you want a knife for wilderness adventure and hunting Scott is the man to go to.Him being an avid outdoors man he knows what works and what does not.he makes real hard use knives you can count your life on!
Mike Tusker User group #8

Thanks alot guys. I really appreciate the nice comments. I do enjoy the company at the shop. I spend most of the time there alone which I do like but it's great to have some company once in awhile.
Scott

hey stanley, what did you think of the farm? We can head to the back woods where Craig's stand is this fall and I'll show you the awesome view looking down on Deer Creek. If we had more time, we could have ventured back there last Fri.

BTW, it was my pleasure last Friday. Wish I could have been able to show you around the "hunting grounds" a bit more. I've got 24 years of fond memories on the farm.
Scott

Last edited:
hey stanley, what did you think of the farm? We can head to the back woods where Craig's stand is this fall and I'll show you the awesome view looking down on Deer Creek. If we had more time, we could have ventured back there last Fri.

BTW, it was my pleasure last Friday. Wish I could have been able to show you around the "hunting grounds" a bit more. I've got 24 years of fond memories on the farm.
Scott

Scott I loved the farm!

What kept coming up in my mind was how many of my Infantry skills taught long ago are applicable to hunting.

I was always jealous of folks who came into the Infantry having grown up hunting. They always seemed better than me in the woods since I grew up in the city.

If I were to describe our time in the woods in one word it would be peaceful.

I look forward to enjoying more of that peace this fall. I so miss being in the woods.

-Stan

YES scott is a class act as well as a great craftsmen
And also patient and helpful when answering
What are probly the same questions over and over
Again... So again scott thanks for all you've done
To accommodate my wants in what is my perfect
Knife that is until I get a tusker lol

Frank

Last edited:
Back