Just ordered a new Leatherman Wave sheath

I just ordered a new leather sheath for my Wave direct from leatherman.com (Wave Leather Sheath #911600). Do any of you have one? I'm just wondering what to expect. It has to be better than the nylon/velcro sheath that came with the Wave. :rolleyes:

Here's a stock photo from their site.

WaveSheath.jpg

I have both sheaths, but I got them in the opposite order. My wave came with the leather sheath, and I bought the nylon sheath to hold the extra accessories (bit kit, bit extender, flashlight). To be honest, I wouldn't say one is better than the other, they are just different. The nicest feature of the leather sheath is that it has a snap (something that would have greatly improved on the nylon sheath IMHO), and it has a really slick form factor. Either way, I have no real complaints about either sheath, and at the price LM sells them, why not get a couple types to try out!

What's the hole in the bottom of the sheaths for?

Only the nylon sheath has the hole (at least my leather sheath does not), the hole is for placing the wave into the sheath with the pliers open. The nose of the pliers pokes through the hole and allows you to store them open temporarily in the middle of a job, a handy feature in my experience.

Mnblade, that must be a newer version of the leather sheath. I love my older version, and have a brand new spare waiting in backup for the day the first one craps out.

Back