Just ordered a Ratmandu CG!

Just placed an order for the Ratmandu CG in muddy brown with black micarta scales. Thought I would try for a different color scheme, but I can't find many examples of it online and may be getting cold feet about the muddy brown. Anybody have an example of the color scheme I picked? I'm really just excited for the knife either way and I'm sure I will love it. Thanks.

I only have 2 muddys - one with tan canvas, the other with red/black g10.
The good news is that if you don't like the muddy, it will just encourage you to use the knife...or, you can take the easy way out and strip it

Had to do some digging for these picture, but here's the red/black on muddy

and the tan canvas on muddy is shown here

Last edited:
Congrats on your order, I'm sure you can change the combo if you want.

Btw, fbusmc just posted a BGTG on the Busse Exchange in muddy and black canvas if you want to see a pic.

My BG AMS had muddy coating. I liked the color, but I stripped it right away anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! Those don't look too bad. I sent them an email earlier today about it. I wouldn't be too bummed if they don't change it though.

I don't think there are any bad color combinations. Some are better than others? I'm like Brother Inky, strip her down.
Now Brother Elof and Brother HK prolly have a family much like Brother Moore above. They might have one in each flavor.
Mine has to pull her weight!

I've got a few extras that are just for looking good; but my users get used.

Oddly enough I have only one standard CG RMD (tanker/black canvas), the next closest is drop point which is CG muddy/brown canvas

The CG RMD was my first Rat/Bussekin

I've got a lot of muddy blades, but not with black canvas scales. I go with tan canvas for that combo. Although I like that red/black g10 posted above :thumbsup:

OP, the shop is really good about accepting changes early on in the order. I'd just get ahold of them ASAP. I think it still might look good though, let us know what you decide.

So I contacted them through the website on Friday, and asked if I could change the blade finish. I got an email today saying my order is awaiting shipment but they also updated the color to black/black. Now comes the long wait! The website said between 6-32 weeks.

Anybody know how long it's taking right now? This is my first swamp rat, and I'm anxious to get it.

You can't go wrong with an RMD. It doesn't matter what color you get :). That said you're gonna love those canvas slabs. Congrats on the purchase!

So I contacted them through the website on Friday, and asked if I could change the blade finish. I got an email today saying my order is awaiting shipment but they also updated the color to black/black. Now comes the long wait! The website said between 6-32 weeks.

Anybody know how long it's taking right now? This is my first swamp rat, and I'm anxious to get it.
Just got mine last month. It only takes about 3-4 weeks. Got mine in 3, shipped to NY. The knives are already made, just not sharpened yet. Their custom shop is super busy is all. Wont take longer than 3-4 weeks.

Just got mine last month. It only takes about 3-4 weeks. Got mine in 3, shipped to NY. The knives are already made, just not sharpened yet. Their custom shop is super busy is all. Wont take longer than 3-4 weeks.
Funny you mentioned it, it actually came in the mail today. This thing is sweet!

s8JRo77.jpg

Obligatory picture of it in the backyard.

CongRATs!!!

If it's your first, then get ready for Rat infestation...

IMG_1623.PNG Hey congrats on the score !!! Your making me want to order another :)

Although their not Swamp rats, but they are Busse and in the muddy with black. I really like the muddy cause it tends to be smoother.

Back