Just ordered kershaw folder

Love my ZT 0350. My EDC most of the time. Solid construction and fits my hand like a glove. Was not a fan of the other Kershaw assisted open knives but I was in New Graham Knives in Bluefield VA (Special trip out of my way on company business) looking for an ESEE 6 and happen to hold one. I fell in love with the ZT. A serious knife.

Didn't get the 6 that day since they had no plain edge models. Just received my 6 today in the mail. I'm in love all over again.

i really like my 0350CB :thumbup:

ZT0350CB2blade.jpg

Yes, that one is terrific. I need to find a second one as the first one I bought was given to a relative that works for ICE.:thumbup:
Funny too that he carries a Izula in his back pocket everyday. Everyone thinks it's a comb. :D

I just got my ZT 0300 today. What an awesome knife! The edge is so sharp and the quality is outstanding. Well worth the money. Works great as a knife or a club. I bought it to replace my Benchmade Auto Stryker tanto. I never liked the Benchmade tanto blade or the locking/opening mechanism.

My ZT 0350 blemish from Kershawguy should be here tomorrow.

You cant go wrong with ZT, i own the 301,302,350 and they are all great;) Thumbs up for all:)

Congrates on the 300 series, great knife. Like some others here, I prefer the 350 only because of size/weight.

it has been my experience with kershaw and gerber, even though they are well made quality knives, once that factory edge is lost, they are never sharp again. i am no sharpening guru, but these brands are made of a hard stainless steel called cantsharpenum.

I've got a 0500 and a 0300 on the way as well as an Rc3,6 and HEST.
Love Zero Tolerance But It'll do till the Izula folder gets here.

i've had no problem resharpening gerber or kershaws or zt knives. now the gerbers often dont hold an edge very long. but the kershaws and zt's do.

take it easy
cricket

i've had no problem resharpening gerber or kershaws or zt knives. now the gerbers often dont hold an edge very long. but the kershaws and zt's do.

take it easy
cricket

I have no problem with the Kershaws either. I have to agree with you big time on Gerbers there. I took an extreme dislike to their edge-holding capability about seven years ago and really don't like sharpening them for people anymore.

it has been my experience with kershaw and gerber, even though they are well made quality knives, once that factory edge is lost, they are never sharp again. i am no sharpening guru, but these brands are made of a hard stainless steel called cantsharpenum.

Back in the day when I had a gerber ez open I could not get that knife sharp no matter what I did. Knowing what I know now, I suspect it was due to a bad heat treat on the blade. Conversely I have never had an issue sharpening a kershaw. Braving a guess: if you are trying to sharpen a model with a higher end steel other than their sanvik steels, your stones may not be abrasive enough.

Nice acquisition, ZT's are amazing. I've been eyeing the 0200, since it's so much cheaper than the 0300.

Kershaw (so ZT, too, most likely) uses a 45 degree inclusive sharpening angle, so the 40 inclusive setting on the Sharpmaker should work well for it. If you have the diamond stones, you could even reprofile it down to 30 inclusive (I did this to my BM 943 with s30v before I got the diamond stones... took forever with the mediums).

I carry a ZT 0350 that I've had for about 1 1/2 years. It's by far the best folder that I've ever owned. It's built like a tank and will handle anything you throw at it! Though I'm not a fan of recurves, I've gotten used to this one. They've just come out with some really cool new models so I might replace this one with one of the newer ones.

Wow some good feedback. Looks like a made a good choice. I get so excited for a new knife purchase. I can't wait for my junglas & pack as my next purchase.

It's safe to say you picked a damn good folder Pitbull! What kind of pack are you looking at getting?!

It's safe to say you picked a damn good folder Pitbull! What kind of pack are you looking at getting?!

I plan on getting the junglas pack when I get the junglas itself. I have some mountain bike & camping/hiking trips coming up & I figure it would make a nice addition to the esee collection, though I only have a izula, RC-3MIL for now.

I'm willing to bet money you also bought the cheapest knives they offer with a "made in China" stamp on them....

I plan on getting the junglas pack when I get the junglas itself. I have some mountain bike & camping/hiking trips coming up & I figure it would make a nice addition to the esee collection, though I only have a izula, RC-3MIL for now.

As others have mentioned, the only down side to the big ZTs is they carry a bit heavy in the pocket. I love mine and would carry it more if it were in a belt pouch. The ZT301 and 0200 are so big, they would not fit well in my largest pouches, so I ordered a ZT belt pouch. Why should I be without my baddest best folder? Something you might consider, pitbull, if you find pocket carry a bit uncomfortable.

i worked in a steel shop. guys would always stop by my booth to drop their knives off for sharpinin. like i said, i am no guru. all i had was a cheap harbor freight set of diamond stones. some brands, would sharpin up pretty quick. then there were otheres that no matter how much you worked, no joy. i was very suprised at how well some of the chinese knives would hone.
i really need to get a good set of stones and some better knowledge. surely then i would be able to sharpin damn near anything. i had a great uncle that used a bench grinder. he was an artist with that thing! i would just ruin a knife on that. go figure.

As others have mentioned, the only down side to the big ZTs is they carry a bit heavy in the pocket. I love mine and would carry it more if it were in a belt pouch. The ZT301 and 0200 are so big, they would not fit well in my largest pouches, so I ordered a ZT belt pouch. Why should I be without my baddest best folder? Something you might consider, pitbull, if you find pocket carry a bit uncomfortable.
With jeans on it shouldn't be a problem, but in the warmer months & while I'm wearing shorts etc... a pouch might not be a bad idea. I do wear a belt 24/7 so it could work out. With my job I travel to some sketchy areas, and I don't want to carry a pistol while on the job, so the zt was a good choice for me.

Back