Just ordered my first gunhammer

Finally dropped the hammer on a Gunhammer. Very excited to get it in; I can't wait. I love Darrel Ralph's designs, and I know, unfortunately for my pocketbook, that I'm eventually going to be shelling out for one of those Damascus-handled customs.

I've got 3 questions for you to keep me entertained while I wait: What was your first DDR HTM, where did you first hear about them, and is it a user or a safe queen?

For me, it was first in Tactical Knives, since there's always a Mad Maxx on the back, and then Jason Statham had the Gunhammer in The Expendables.

First DDR HTM was a non-dlc, non-assist, bowie. It's an EDC and gets used whenever something needs cutting. I first heard about them on bladeforums when they were still in prototype phase. I'm thinking you will love your Gunny btw. Gratz.

Statham didn't have a Gunhammer in The Expendables. He had an AXD.

Good choice Crimson... GH is one of my faves. I was hanging around watching the Gunhammer go from the drawing board to production. I had an early one from the first run for the intro at the Vegas custom show and Shot Show some years back and have had a few since.

Here is whats in the house right now..

A "Pre" HTM, an MQ1 prototype.
DDR-MQ1-PROTO-1.jpg

A prototype HTM GH Auto.
DDR-HTM-Gunhammer-Auto.jpg

An oldie, very few of these were made, a GH EDCX with IKBS, mammoth inlays.
DDR-GUNHAMMER-EDC-IKBS.jpg

Here is a GH with MQ and has a 1 o-a-k blade grind.
DDR-GUNHAMMER-ExtremeTanto.jpg

A old GH with S30V blade.
DDR-GUNHAMMER-Radian-MT.jpg

It's worth noting that it was actually mndart's threads that I followed for a long time before buying my first HTM Gunny.

My EDC for over a year is an assist Gunhammer and I love it. You will not be sorry. I must say however that your quest for Darrels knives would not be complete without owning a Madd Maxx 5.5 (beat my chest). Both knives are bad ass and unique.

Yep, I hear you on the Madd Maxx. Unfortunately, the Madd Maxx is a bit outside my budget right now, especially because I spent the last several hours drooling over the pics of the customs on Darrel's website. I have to say, the man makes by far the most beautiful knives I have ever seen. Sorry Chris Reeve, the Umnum is just going to have to wait...

I love those pics mndart! Gorgeous knives! One of these days work will calm down enough to let me actually go to Shot Show or one of the blade shows.

I just discovered that I had accidentally ordered an Auto, instead of an assisted, and I don't think I'm allowed to carry autos here. Not sure quite what the regs are, because it's still under the legal limit for carry, but I don't want to take any chances. So I called up the dealer (Lynn O Olson), and he was very helpful and was kind enough to change my order to the assisted radian model that he carries, and is shipping it out today.

As for my quest for Darrel's knives, I am afraid that it won't be complete until I get a custom. I'm kind of afraid to find out how much they cost though. That might just ruin my dream for a while...

Keep your eyes on the knives for sale CrimsonF. If you want a custom to carry, you will see some custom users show up from time to time at an affordable price.

Back