Just Saying Hi!

Been using this site as a reference for a variety of knife questions for a long time and decided to hop aboard. Been a minor collector for years, mainly Bokers aand Benchmades and a few others. Have my outdoor knives for hunt and fish purposes and a good selection of stones for sharpening. Just got into the ZT's and some others that are popular now.
This is a wonderful site for knife enthusiasts and extremely informative.
P.S. I hate losing an expensive knife so I mainly use a more inexpensive one as an EDC. No name, but it is an assisted flipper and I consider it very good plus it will hold an edge as sharp as I can give it.

Welcome to Bladeforum. Currently I’m using a guardian 3 carbon fiber m390 steel at work in the horizontal carry.
I could just use a razor knife, but what fun is that.

Thank you. I have been thinking of a horizontal or vertical sheath with snap cover for carrying some of the nicer blades. Here in NC that may even work if I
get a spring loaded/automatic knife which cannot be concealed.

I live in the Chapel Hill area N.C. I've never had a problem with any law enforcement over anything in N.C. lots of rain, rain, and more rain. Lol

I have a concealed carry permit (which does NOT cover knives in NC) and an illegal knife carry would force my county to pull the permit, forever.
So mainly want to stay within the law and protect the permit.

I was coming from chapel hill one evening, ran into a DUI stop with the Sheriffs department.

I have a CCW permit also, it was summer and I was wearing a tank top and shorts. I gave the officer my license and permit and said, sir I don't have my gun on me tonight. He said why not? He said you should always have it on you whenever possible. He said I don't go anywhere without mine.
He said have a good night.

Another time I was walking my dog and chapel hill police were at the park. I engaged in conversation with the Leo, said sir I have a CCW permit how would you like me to proceed?

He said we'll treat that like a rattle snake and leave it where it is. Lol. Cool.

I have yet to be stopped while carrying, but my state is not a “Duty to Warn” state. I have heard mix things on what I should say IF I encounter a LEO. I guess some cops want to know and some don’t. Guess it depends on the situation. Anyways, NTMU!

I have yet to be stopped while carrying, but my state is not a “Duty to Warn” state. I have heard mix things on what I should say IF I encounter a LEO. I guess some cops want to know and some don’t. Guess it depends on the situation. Anyways, NTMU!

I was told during the mandatory CCW classes that if you are carrying you must declare you are carrying in NC (a gun). If you have CCW and not carrying it is not necessary to say anything. I would never declare a knife unless asked if I was carrying ANY weapon or any other weapon if declaring a gun.

[/QUOTE} I have a CCW permit also, it was summer and I was wearing a tank top and shorts. I gave the officer my license and permit and said, sir I don't have my gun on me tonight. He said why not? He said you should always have it on you whenever possible. He said I don't go anywhere without mine.
He said have a good night.

Another time I was walking my dog and chapel hill police were at the park. I engaged in conversation with the Leo, said sir I have a CCW permit how would you like me to proceed?
He said we'll treat that like a rattle snake and leave it where it is. Lol. Cool.[/QUOTE]

You have been lucky. A LEO in a bad mood or does not like your looks can give you grief if they want too. I have read and understand that that is rare in NC,
BUT you never know.

Back