JW Smith tactical

OK. I'm not stirring the pot here - I have a legit question!
biggrin.gif
In the recent "Agreement" thread, Chefget posted a pic of a tactical folder by JW Smith. I gotta know what it is, what it costs, and how I can order one!!! Any additional pics showing the blade shape would be appreciated too.
biggrin.gif

Chris

------------------
Of course, that's just MY opinion - I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Hi Chris,

John W. Smith is about 2 years behind on tactical folders. Also, about a week ago John fractured his wrist, so that is not going to speed things up any.

Currently, I don't think John is accepting any more orders for tactical folders.

I belive the price on Chef's knife would be $475 if John would make it for you.

John's tactical knives do show up in the aftermarket on occasion. John's two most popular tactical models (based on amounts sold) are the LDC-5 and LDC-105.

Good hunting.

------------------
Les Robertson
www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com
Custom Knife Entrepreneur

I received this John W Smith tactical "fighter" a few weeks ago. It's my current daily carry. Great F&F and a very useful and versatile utility knife. Blade length is 3 3/4". It weighs under 3 1/2 ounces, the action is light and smooth, and the lock up is flawless. Price was $400 with polished CF scales and an above average hand rubbed finish.
JWSsm.JPG

Note the dovetailed bolsters; not something you see on a "tactical" knife very often.
JWSlock.jpg

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-31-2001).]

You might want to keep an eye on the For Sale: Individual forum; his tactical folders pop up from time to time. A couple of his folders sold there within the last week or so, and I think one of his LDC tactical folders is still available from one of the sellers.

Ryan

------------------
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

View

Here's the knife in question. It is currently on its way to a US sailor in Japan. It is the only one like it that I've seen, and its a real handful while being as clean and tight as all of John's work. If the buyer doesn't like it, I'll let you know!

JB -

That's the one! Wow.... she's sweet. I LOVE that blade... does it have a model number, or anything? I'll bet that Squid keeps it!

Les - thanks for the info - hope his wrist gets better soon. Do you have contact info for him, so I can at least ask?

I'll fire off an email to Mike, too. Thanks for the help guys!
biggrin.gif

Chris

If anyone is interested I have another one of that same knife[one in pic] and a LDC 5 and they are both for sale.

------------------

have a"knife"day

[This message has been edited by nifrand (edited 06-04-2001).]

Originally posted by nifrand:
If anyone is interested I have another one of that same knife[one in pic] and a LDC 5 and they are both for sale.

Randy I am interested! sent you an E mail. David Buhrer

Back