1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

JW Smith tactical

Discussion in 'Custom Knife Forum Archive' started by See2, May 31, 2001.

1. See2

See2

Dec 5, 2000
    OK. I'm not stirring the pot here - I have a legit question! [​IMG] In the recent "Agreement" thread, Chefget posted a pic of a tactical folder by JW Smith. I gotta know what it is, what it costs, and how I can order one!!! Any additional pics showing the blade shape would be appreciated too. [​IMG]

Chris

------------------
    Of course, that's just MY opinion - I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

2. narruc1

narruc1 Banned BANNED

Oct 19, 1999
    Chris, why don't you ask Michael, he is a very nice guy to talk to... Ask Mike!

------------------
    [​IMG] Click Here, and Check Out Florida Custom Knives

BC... For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know... Semper Fi!

3. Les Robertson

Les Robertson Banned BANNED

Oct 10, 1998
    Hi Chris,

John W. Smith is about 2 years behind on tactical folders. Also, about a week ago John fractured his wrist, so that is not going to speed things up any.

Currently, I don't think John is accepting any more orders for tactical folders.

I belive the price on Chef's knife would be $475 if John would make it for you.

John's tactical knives do show up in the aftermarket on occasion. John's two most popular tactical models (based on amounts sold) are the LDC-5 and LDC-105.

Good hunting.

------------------
    Les Robertson
    www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com
    Custom Knife Entrepreneur

4. Rick

Rick Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 1998
    I received this John W Smith tactical "fighter" a few weeks ago. It's my current daily carry. Great F&F and a very useful and versatile utility knife. Blade length is 3 3/4". It weighs under 3 1/2 ounces, the action is light and smooth, and the lock up is flawless. Price was $400 with polished CF scales and an above average hand rubbed finish.
    [​IMG]

Note the dovetailed bolsters; not something you see on a "tactical" knife very often.
    [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-31-2001).]

5. Ryan Meyering

Ryan Meyering

May 4, 1999
    You might want to keep an eye on the For Sale: Individual forum; his tactical folders pop up from time to time. A couple of his folders sold there within the last week or so, and I think one of his LDC tactical folders is still available from one of the sellers.

Ryan

------------------
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

6. jbravo

jbravo

Sep 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

Here's the knife in question. It is currently on its way to a US sailor in Japan. It is the only one like it that I've seen, and its a real handful while being as clean and tight as all of John's work. If the buyer doesn't like it, I'll let you know!

7. Les Robertson

Les Robertson Banned BANNED

Oct 10, 1998
    JB,

That's not a LDC folder, although I used to own that knife.

I belive Ross Torres is selling a LDC-105.

------------------
    Les Robertson
    www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com
    Custom Knife Entrepreneur

8. See2

See2

Dec 5, 2000
    JB -

That's the one! Wow.... she's sweet. I LOVE that blade... does it have a model number, or anything? I'll bet that Squid keeps it!

Les - thanks for the info - hope his wrist gets better soon. Do you have contact info for him, so I can at least ask?

I'll fire off an email to Mike, too. Thanks for the help guys! [​IMG]

Chris

9. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
  10. nifrand

nifrand Custom Knife Forum Mod

Feb 25, 1999
    If anyone is interested I have another one of that same knife[one in pic] and a LDC 5 and they are both for sale.

------------------

have a"knife"day

[This message has been edited by nifrand (edited 06-04-2001).]

11. kawanin

kawanin

Jan 31, 2001