K-9 Knives Prototype... the APBT!!

I finally finished up the new K-9 Knives APBT prototypes and I am REALLY digging this knife. We are still a little ways out on getting these blades back, but I am VERY pleased with the prototypes so project A.P.B.T. is going to be launched!!

What does APBT stand for?? American Pit Bull Terrier! Why did I choose this name for the next knife??

First I LOVE this breed. They are great dogs with lots of heart and ability and they want to please their masters. I'm really liking this new design.

Second, they are a TRUE American breed of dogs. This knife like all K-9 knives are MADE IN AMERICA from American Steel by AMERICAN'S!

Third, while not a BIG dog they pack more ability into a small package than any other breed in my opinion. This new knife is gonna be hard to beat for this reason.

Last, while the APBT has an undeserved bad rap as an aggressive breed this couldn't be farther from the truth! They are kinda like the jack of all trades for dogs. They can do just about any task well. So well that they have been banned from herding trials as they were winning too many events! They excelle at what ever they put their minds to! Best of all they make great companions as will this new knife!!

The prototypes are made of 3/16" A2 steel with a full flat grind. The production pieces will be made of CPM 3V with a Paul Bos heat treat with cryo treatment and a hardness of RC-60. Should be a very nice ballance of toughness and edge holding.

Overall length is a hair over 8 1/2" with a 3 5/8" cutting edge. Blade stock will be 3/16" as stated.

Not sure about the handle materials yet, but I am REALLY liking the Earth Brown G-10.

Here are the pics....

Here they are together.

attachment.php

Here is the brown APBT.

attachment.php

Here is the black APBT with a vintage Seiko.

attachment.php

Should make for a GREAT hunter.

attachment.php

I look forward to your input on this...

THANKS!

Tom

Attachments

• K9APBTPair.jpg
    K9APBTPair.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,250
  • K9APBTBrownRock.jpg
    K9APBTBrownRock.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,308
  • K9APBTWatch.jpg
    K9APBTWatch.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,244
  • K9APBTBlackTC.jpg
    K9APBTBlackTC.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,246
Here are a few shots in hand to show size. For reference I usually wear an XL size glove.

Here the A.P.B.T. is shown in a saber grip.

attachment.php

Here it is in my open hand. NOTICE there are NO sharp edges or corners on the handle. This handle shape simply melts into your hand.

attachment.php

Works equally well upside down.

attachment.php

Here is a shot with my Glock 26 with work done by Boresight Solutions.

attachment.php

THANKS for all your support!

Tom

Attachments

• K9APBTSaberGrip.jpg
    K9APBTSaberGrip.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,020
  • K9APBTOpenHand.jpg
    K9APBTOpenHand.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,012
  • K9APBTUpsidedown.jpg
    K9APBTUpsidedown.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,966
  • K9APBTBlackGlock.jpg
    K9APBTBlackGlock.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,954
I like the APBT, nice design. I was hoping to get a Dingo though, will there be no second run of those?

From a future K9 knives owner, thanks,

Les.

I like the APBT, nice design. I was hoping to get a Dingo though, will there be no second run of those?

From a future K9 knives owner, thanks,

Les.

Les,
The steel for the next run of Dingo's is in the shop. Will be working on a second run of these asap!

Tom

Tom,

count me in for one earth brown G-10.

it looks great.

great little knife to go with my Dingo.

wookie

Thank you Tom. That's music to my ears. I really want a dingo in Black G10 and you can put me down for this new design as well.

Les.

Les,
The steel for the next run of Dingo's is in the shop. Will be working on a second run of these asap!

Tom

Ditto on Les Sheldon's Comment. I also
want a Dingo Knife in Black G10 and an
APBT in Black G10 w/ Red Liners.

Keep me posted!

I think the brown with red liners would look very cool----neat little knife!

Is there going to be a sign-up list? (For either Dingo or APBT?)

Back