KA-BAR Impact Series

What do you think about the Ka-Bar Impact Series (especially the 2 spear point models) as survival knives? I haven't seen them in person yet but the sizes seem to make them reasonalble easy to carry. At the same time they look like they have the strength to stand-up to a survival situation.

The D2 Impact is really a brutal knife for the money. Wait until Kabar comes out with the D2 Fighter in the Impact series. It has the same handle as the D2 spear point but has a 6" clip point blade similar to the standard USMC model. You can e-mail me for more details.
Tim

Hey Guys..

I've been looking at these blades for awhile,,since they were introduced..

I've also been watching for reation to them for sheathing possibilities..

To be quite honest,, this may be the first or second thread I've seen on them.. Doesn't seem to be much interest in them...
Not sure why,,because they are nice little blades,,I thought for sure they would take off pretty good when they came out.. I was actually waiting to see which model was going to be popular,since I kinda of wanted one, but don't really need another knife just sitting around...

Hopefully these models will start taking off,,they seem like Great little knives..I like the Spear points as well...

ttyle

Eric...

I like the concept(especially the large clip point mentioned) but the feel of the handles tuned me off.The handle is fine in profile but too wide looking down on it for me. I do however really like the new kraton handled FUK I recently picked up:) Much better than the WWII version I have in my collection.

I have one of the Ka Bar Impact Warthogs and it is a very very nice knife. It is stout, strong, well finished and well priced. The scales are a bit slippery feeling however.

Also, I don't particularly care for the sheath, as it appears too large for the knife. The sheath is very well made but looks oversized. I am thinking about having a nice compact leather sheath made for it.

Do any of you have any feelings if these knives would be good as "survival" knives? Also, aren't the sheaths provided better than leather sheaths for "survival" cases where they might get wet? Maybe we need a better synthetic sheath.

burtzolotar: Yes I guess that the sheath that comes with the Impact is better, for survival, than leather. No rotting etc. I am not a good one to give info on actual survival methods etc, so I will leave others to give their thoughts on the subject.

Back