Ka-Bar Inanimate Pig Riding Contest - IPRL Sanctioned Event

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
First, I'd like to thank Ka-Bar® and IPRL® for sponsoring this contest.
ka-bar-logo1.jpg
IPRLLogo2-vi.png

The contest is pretty simple...
  1. Locate an inanimate pig.
  2. Stay on said pig for at least 8 seconds.
  3. Document this endeavor with a photograph showcasing your best pig riding form.
  4. Post said picture here in this thread. That's it.
Prizes are as follows (all NIB):
  • First place: Ka-Bar 7507 Jarosz Choppa
  • Second place: Ka-Bar 5600 Johnson Adventure Potbelly
  • Third place: Ka-Bar 5103 Snody Snakecharmer
Here are a few conditions.
  1. Open to all BFC members.
  2. You must be 18 to enter and win, and the prize should be legal where you live.
  3. One entry per person UNLESS you are Ka-Bar Krew (one extra entry) and/or a Beckerhead (one extra entry).
  4. Must be in the lower 48 to win, unless you're willing to cover shipping costs (which are coming out of my pocket).
  5. The contest will run until there are sufficient entertaining entries or until I get tired of it, whichever comes first.
  6. Neither Ka-Bar, IPRL, BFC, nor the moderation staff is responsible for injuries. Ride at your own risk.
  7. I will ask the Ka-Bar executive committee to assist with judging.
Here are some past masters at work.
2v2upid4SxACRfS.jpg
2v2upsKpjxACRfS.png
20131201_165552_zpsef7c9da2.jpg

If anyone is able to locate and ride The Pink Pearl, there may be bonus points. Warning: several men have died trying.

VCuI4D0.jpg
Giddyup!!!!!

Aw, man. The Pink Pearl is migratory and won't be back around these parts until late fall, if at all. I count myself lucky to have gotten to behold it's glory once.

I'll have to go in search for a new inanimate pig, and those things aren't easy to find around here.

I would like me a Jarosz Choppa but, I dunno, The Pink Pearl looks like it could be knarly.

More IPRL masters riding out the clock. These are demonstration photos and not entries.

image_zpsgsyik76s.jpg
B521_zps66aa7035.jpg

awwww.... my grandpa was a pig farmer years and years and years ago. also an antique collector. he had a surplus of antique inanimate pigs sitting around. sadly, they were all sold in his estate sale decades ago.

at the time, I always wondered why anyone would want an inanimate pig. now I know.

I think I have a picture of one of my friends riding inanimate pig... but hey, it was college...

Wait... oh you meant... never mind.

Sweet contest!
Should make fun etrees.
Great prizes, very generous.

I've located an inanimated pig nearby.
Hope to get a photo oportunity tomorrow...
It's in front of a gouverment building, hope I don't get arrested :O
I you don't see my entry, you know what happened ;)

Goodluck everyone!

Yay, I made it back in one piece! Didn't even get arrested. ;)
Here's a photocollage of the ride, showing the mother pig with her young ones, catching her with some rope and gently climbing on her back.
Then the ride starts, she went CRAZY, feel the adrenaline rush, cleared the 8 seconds with a nice margin. :D
Notice the details, a Ka-Bar Becker BK7 with some pig red handles in case I got tangled up in the rope work, pigleather rodeo boots and some professional rope work to get a grip on the beast.

yZbpJcUASWfUfjWcxMSbjZA27_Jy06R2R-W0JKo7RdBDVM1ctdjdQKhpJit-ZlZcvOBubqFBn4_NCiyWIus99P6pYJSaO5tXR8CA_JGGH46dBU8E_prn4X5myIq4L9AskTOsrSAh_si7Nsx3t6FJGurvvuNEfppkdxoF1wJtqNoMdPnQGJy4Y-pCHgq6GePfKNdRzU_Jm6l2UPnDN0KS6wd6mab-KvvrEGSWytkAMlKltj2wnRsb43BH2lQqfO9HM-ycH33JbGMmJqB_IVcTs0J_MkHpF61QZwIubaZTU8DBX5h3OGEBD7JvnB8reeNJNcrC6Tf20BQhIGMteuEWCnUOI2J75yjU0UQcmUgeOpZiAumggAgvrzICE9x-SeV7QSRd20171zXVaS4URsWgDod-ekOgGzKERTbfg9eN4NIxzUWjhzm48NT4QECHvn2YPkAY1D_Lkoez8Gt92LRFzjZN-dObvq0JsEMt7nffFmUKWE38rU9UK0YeFoaLHcpwapoQI40sbbvGuuFnOGPrMPYhXvxy7lLpAFgqHBWVHd3EcCBFzKrneyZbq__3IMdo4GntH-Jzy57M_DEHFz_dXG7S2BIC1TRQW5e0k1M=w785-h959-no

Hope you enjoyed my ride, I sure did. :D
Thanks to my girlfriend for taking the pics.
Now lets see some more of you all :)

Oh, and one more thing: No pigs were hurt in the making of these rodeo pictures!
I'll pay for the overseas shipping to my address if I'm one of the lucky winners.

Edit: here's a fun little animation to show you how wild this really was :D
AbiCTBq5dFKNB96RMxx0g4-1ofhECsP2xmI5ibYdGV87MRulZNTned3PDo4NJPTYxYaAkHnTgWMr9Ykl95FuW9dO-HwPrn9bx8br-O7reqntI5oLSequNNKA5kV8D3EZObMZiaHBG7e8wzVIAdHBOBQsPa3rnQeJPT8pyO-lDHM4JpRd_HW7ob0ek_m82ysndPZCOUawhLfuzVrgRfczExSx-AGbkjiF9Mggi_q1k7AiM40N6FQbCpT2CFKhSUJJ6s8dZulNHBVfazWX4HuY5ghXPyWXIKY9UyobUcGW4nmoVunMiUmbTupFl0w--fA_pjtU3jiy3B8He5oSD4gn9mlzVRDBvj2Cr3aNCPxjiiOdVVh6P6ZtU8cEvg8ktKUlamTEjNXxpTnVqN2zbX-34mIUaF4uzs6jk1kvAa33oGx-oEYB69UnnDZymQ5jHtxqNmmoMVZBv-PZoej4IeWZRYfXhOkk7s_X0RXD52zb7D51KEwleK3556L2vEzwJWDx77Xvpcy4Pg-8nA47f4Sh3ES_bjdXh9rqz6p7dosVekvvO_2_JLLLmPoqZBAt_dk-kC4NwyJFFr2KuxlKCMrxtsQm1tMCYJCUMp1G9G0=w300-h225-no

Last edited:
Nice ride. Way to go after the sow and show that entire litter who's boss.

And so it begins...

Well, the pig is not exactly inanimate ... yet ... and it's not exactly me riding it ... only my nephew. Did you know I'm a monkey's uncle?

This is my real entry. The pig is really inanimate and it's really me riding her.

I went thrifting with a friend this afternoon, and we found this porcelain pig cookie jar in a Salvation Army store in Hadley, Massachusetts. As you can see from the pictures, I also had access to a rocking horse and two bicycles -- but my chosen mode of transportation is the pig! We attracted an audience, but they didn't crowd us at all. They preferred to watch me ride the pig from a little distance ... out of the corner of their eyes....
IMG_20180124_152513.jpg IMG_20180124_152531.jpg IMG_20180124_152539.jpg IMG_20180124_152544.jpg
You know, at the rodeo they ride wild broncos, and they even ride bulls, but they never ride pigs. They are afraid. :eek:

This is my real entry. The pig is really inanimate and it's really me riding her.
..... :eek:

Nice ride!
Lol, the people in your audience aren't paying much attention in the background on the last picture.

Last edited:
Back