Ka-bar Mark 1

Hi, i was wondering what you guys thought about the Kabar Mark 1? And have they started making the leather stack handle yet? I have not been able to find one online.

Thanks for any info:)

I bought one off of BFC just the other day. Haven't had a chance to try it out. By look and feel alone, however, I feel like I could throw away 90% of my knife collection now that this knife has been added. Superb fit and finish, good grinds, good feeling in the hand. Perfect KA-BAR quality. I haven't seen a leather version around, but I understand that it will be a distributer exclusive knife, meaning only shops who order through one particular distributor (can't remember the name) can get it.

Thanks guys, any idea what website will carry the leather handle model's? I might have to buy a kraton until the leather ones become available:)

The leather stacked are exclusive to Blue Ridge, so, those dealers that buy from them, will have them.

I'll be honest, those things are awesome. Good weight, nice balance. An excellent Bushcraft/General purpose belt knife. My wife wanted one, the second she held it when she was going through the Kabar giveaway box. I got her one while I was there, and now, she's happy. SO, I'm happy. :D

Moose

Reactions: vab
An excellent Bushcraft/General purpose belt knife. My wife wanted one, the second she held it...
Moose

Mine got snagged too. Oh well, I'll sneak it out and play with it when she's not looking.

i dragged one of these back from blade show (along with a decent haul, more on that later). we shall SEE how it is :>

they sold pretty well too. i think all of the plain edge sold out from the booth, and almost all the serrated model.

I want the leather handle one bad. SUCKS that blue ridge only has them. Guess Ill have to find a dealer

I called Blue Ridge and inquired and they refered me to a nice fella from Knife Outlet. He wasn't familiar with it and said he would call Blue Ridge right away. Guess what popped up on the Knife Outlet site about ten minutes later? :D

I called Blue Ridge and inquired and they refered me to a nice fella from Knife Outlet. He wasn't familiar with it and said he would call Blue Ridge right away. Guess what popped up on the Knife Outlet site about ten minutes later? :D

Badass, thanks for bringing us our first online dealer that has items in stock.

Muchas gracias, amigo.

Everyone, follow never too sharp to the leather handled MK1's !! LETS GO!!!!!

:D

Moose

I've had mine for a while and I absolutley love it. You can baton small pieces of wood and it wittles fine. Not the best chooper unless you put your pinky off but otherwise it will suffice. I give :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the info:D

I really like the blade shape on the Mark 1. Might look one up as well...

I think I'll get one for winter, when I'm carrying an axe for the heavier work, which would make carrying the extra weight of the BK-2 more or less useless. Does anyone have experience with the rubber handle in cold, wet conditions?

Of course, the Mark 1 is about $100 here, but when a BK-2 is 120 and a BK-9 150 it's relatively cheap again :)

I sent the knife outlet an email asking about the status, His response is first and my questions are after.

I don't know. They aren't released yet. Sorry.

Fred

On 8/19/2011 5:26 AM, n.beckett wrote:
> On this model # KAB2225, is that a plain edge blade or a partially
> serrated edge?
> And when do you expect them in stock?
> Thank you.

Any one know of another dealer who has access to these?

They all actually are shipping out this week, to Blue Ridge, which means they will be showing up at the dealers real soon.

Moose

These are some sweet looking blades. Wouldn't mind having one myself. Looks to be an excellent size.

Back