Kabar 1184

Gizler00

Gold Member
My grandfather gave me this knife when I was a kid about 30 years ago. I just dug it out of a drawer it’s been sitting in for over a decade. Can’t really remember ever using it. What are these things worth? Are they still made? What kind of blade steel cane on these?

Any help/input is greatly appreciated. I also have two case knives of the same variant.

Zdh5BPs.jpg

I love those old two blade hunting knives at one time everyone was making one. I inherited 2. 1 from my Grandfather 1 from my Dad. But they were not KA-BARS. They feel good in hand and the two blades really complimented each other.

I’m not sure if the actual value of your beautiful example. But I suspect it is worth more to you than it would be to anyone else.

I love those old two blade hunting knives at one time everyone was making one. I inherited 2. 1 from my Grandfather 1 from my Dad. But they were not KA-BARS. They feel good in hand and the two blades really complimented each other.

I’m not sure if the actual value of your beautiful example. But I suspect it is worth more to you than it would be to anyone else.

Thank you for the reply. I have no intentions of parting with it or the two case brand ones I have. They will eventually go to my boys. I was just curious more than anything.

Do an eBay search for that model. You'll see what sellers are asking. If you set the preferences you can even see completed sales and how much was paid.

Don't bother with what sellers are asking. Do an ebay search for Kabar 1184 then go to the left toolbar and go to "sold items" where you will see what they actually sold for not what they are asking. These are on ebay every week.

Had a Case like that, only it was stolen in New Orleans. That's a keeper IMHO, especially coming from your granddad.

Back