Kabar kuk and woods work

So besides machete work and chopping can the kuk do other tasks like batoning? How bout feathersticks in a pinch?

I had one and used it well to cut threw overgrow paths, but never batoned with one or tried small work.

C'mon I don't leave anything stock. Most of my knives are outta warranty 10 minutes after theyr out of the box

Again, it seems like a "what makes a better boat anchor, a Ford or a Chevy?" kind of thing. It'll function in that capacity, but it's probably not a real great choice.

O I know it will cuz ill make it :D. I was looking for more of "I have batoned with it and my thoughts are..."

I had one of these a couple of years ago. Used it to whack through some two-inch branches (which it did), but the edge looked like the surface of the moon afterwards. E-mailed Ka-Bar to see if they'd fix the blade; no response at all.

I re-contoured the blade and dumped it in a pawnshop here. It's somebody else's problem now.

This knife is not a chopper by any stretch of the imagination.

My experience with the Kabar kuk is better than the previous poster's. It chopped like a dream and batoned and so forth. Good stuff - gave it to a friend who needed it more than I did.

---

Beckerhead #42

No issues with my Cutlass. Same thickness, same steel, same heat treat. I hit a rock and it rolled the edge, as it should. I've taken down trees 6" thick and it still looks nearly new.

Back