Kabar Snody Big Boss sheath attachment

Hi all, need some ideas. I got this Kabar Snody Big Boss knife that came with a leather sheath with no belt loop. The leather sheath already has four holes on each side for attachment. I have a black nylon belt loop that is exactly the same width as the sheath that I saved from something else. So, I matched up the holes and burned three holes on each side of the nylon belt loop (didn't have enough room for four holes or the sheath would ride too high). So I have some 550 black paracord that perfectly goes through the leather and nylon holes. My only question is how to tie and secure the 550 paracord properly together with the leather and nylon using three holes per side. What cross pattern? How to tie the 550 paracord, etc. This is really only a temporary attachment but it works for now until I figure out something later.

Do you have a picture of the sheath in question? What location & orientation of carry?

I frequently use paracord to attach sheathes and other things together.

The key is to tie a single granny knot with about a 1/2” tail, then take a lighter to the tail and carefully melt it into the knot.

You end up with a very secure attachment that must be cut off.

FDAC8607-7B83-43A7-8AFC-3046B0389DD9.jpeg
There are 4 melted paracord knots holding this sheath onto my boot.

I frequently use paracord to attach sheathes and other things together.

The key is to tie a single granny knot with about a 1/2” tail, then take a lighter to the tail and carefully melt it into the knot.

You end up with a very secure attachment that must be cut off.

View attachment 2487178
There are 4 melted paracord knots holding this sheath onto my boot.
Ok, that's what I'm looking for. I've already secured the nylon belt loop to the leather sheath through the holes in the upright low position where the pommel of the knife is even with my belt. So I crossed the paracord (like a shoe lace) on the outside of the sheath. Now I just need to figure out the knot. Thanks.

Back