Kabar Turok ... amazing!

MolokaiRider

Gold Member
I am quite impressed with the Turok. Awesome sheath, great ergonomics, large lanyard hole, and a blade that slices well. I highly recommend trying one if you haven’t yet, it is quickly becoming a favorite.

Thank you for the response. I agree that it is a fine design and well thought out tool. I recommend Ka-Bar brand to many of my friends and family due to their long standing reputation, attention to fit and finish, and value for the price point.

NU1Cp8B.jpg

fEaKPGy.jpg

BSrWyZW.jpg

MlY0YpP.jpg

Thank you for the response. I agree that it is a fine design and well thought out tool. I recommend Ka-Bar brand to many of my friends and family due to their long standing reputation, attention to fit and finish, and value for the price point.

NU1Cp8B.jpg

fEaKPGy.jpg

BSrWyZW.jpg

MlY0YpP.jpg
Congrats on your Turok ! There is no doubt in my mind that is a Very Nice Blade. I grabbed a couple of Globetrotters a while back one as a gift and one for myself . I'am liking it ! It's one of those Knives that when you use it you see how well it feels as it works :D I wish the Globetrotter came with a sheath like the Turok.

I actually like the swedge...this knife is a great slicer and field knife. I believe the design is conducive to separating and cutting rather than a baton wedge. The stock is certainly robust enough to handle it, but your baton will get chewed up. I think it (after stripping some coating) would be neat to sharpen up a portion for a firesteel.

I'm in process of ordering another as I'd like to play around with stripping off the coat and possibly create my own scales. Plus, this might be my all time favorite factory sheath. It can be positioned for right or left carry, or even have the belt loop removed altogether.

All in all, a very good design.

I actually like the swedge...this knife is a great slicer and field knife. I believe the design is conducive to separating and cutting rather than a baton wedge. The stock is certainly robust enough to handle it, but your baton will get chewed up. I think it (after stripping some coating) would be neat to sharpen up a portion for a firesteel.

I'm in process of ordering another as I'd like to play around with stripping off the coat and possibly create my own scales. Plus, this might be my all time favorite factory sheath. It can be positioned for right or left carry, or even have the belt loop removed altogether.

All in all, a very good design.
The swedge would never bother me about chewing a baton :D I bet if your blade ever was stuck in a wet knotted log it would make it easier to get your blade out :thumbsup:

It’s coming on Sunday and I’m looking forward to it. Then I’m resolved to hit the pause button on acquiring any more blades for another month or so.

Too bad I just discovered the Ka-bar Ek44 today, it’s going to make that resolution tough. Lol

Congrats on your Turok ! There is no doubt in my mind that is a Very Nice Blade. I grabbed a couple of Globetrotters a while back one as a gift and one for myself . I'am liking it ! It's one of those Knives that when you use it you see how well it feels as it works :D I wish the Globetrotter came with a sheath like the Turok.

Yes I agree, the sheath really brings the system together. Out of all my fixed blades this is my favorite factory sheath for sure. The excellent knife seals the deal. The term "Jack of all trades" lends well to this package.

I am saving to get the globetrotter and choppa; these three may just be my perfect trio.

It’s coming on Sunday and I’m looking forward to it. Then I’m resolved to hit the pause button on acquiring any more blades for another month or so.

Too bad I just discovered the Ka-bar Ek44 today, it’s going to make that resolution tough. Lol

the 44? not the 45?

Eeeevilllll and influential. The 45 will be here tomorrow. I like the Bowie better.

I’ve had my Turok for two days now. At the moment, it’s my favorite Jarosz. It’s substantial, has nice weight, the handle feels wonderful, and the sheath is really nice.

I’ll echo MolokaiRider’s sentiments, if you have the chance, get it!

Last edited:
Eeeevilllll and influential. The 45 will be here tomorrow. I like the Bowie better.

I’ve had my Turok for two days now. At the moment, it’s my favorite Jarosz. It’s substantial, has nice weight, the handle feels wonderful, and the sheath has s really nice.

I’ll echo MolokaiRider’s sentiments, if you have the chance, get it!

It's good right! If it had micarta handle scales....

Saving up a few extra bucks to get another to either store or play around with the coating and scales...

This has quickly become a go to knife for camping and outdoor fun. I reach for it more often lately...and Lord knows I have several other knife options to choose from.

Xr6x, it’s nice to see you are liking your most recent acquisition.:thumbsup:

Back