Kailash blades

So I wanted to leave some feedback on my dealings with kailash blades. Fantastic company. I have two currently. First I ordered a custom sirupate. Ten inch blade with micarta scales, standard grind. It's been amazing. Light and fast. The craftsmanship is absolutely top notch. I've had kukris for a very long time and love the versatility of them for woodcraft chores. The two from Kailash have been my favorites so far. I've owned some from the major Nepalese suppliers except Tora, witch I hear a excellent. They dont have the variety and customization available that kailash offers. Hymalayan imports is one I've had as was really disappointed with. Decent kukri but the customer service was absolutely garbage, at least in my case. I was sent a blade that was very different than what I ordered and when I contacted them about it I was told to just put in another order another one.

Anyway back to kailash. It's by far the best fit.and finish of any of the kukris I've owned. I ordered it with both the kydex and western leather sheaths. The kydex is what I prefer though the belt loop is a bit small. The western leather is a wonderful and attractive sheath and well made, I just prefer kydex on most my sheaths.

They also offer different handle materials and I went with micarta. It's some of the best micarta I've felt. The texture is just the right amount of grip for me. I live in Georgia and due to the climate here I've had kukris where the wood has shrunk over a few months, didn't want that to happen again. Another thing to mention is the handle size. I wear xl gloves and the medium handle that I got fits but is almost to small. My second one i ordered I got the large handle and it fits my hand better. They also have a great warranty but I haven't needed to use it. They are great about answering questions but keep in mind the time difference. Sometimes takes a couple days.

Hope this helps anyone considering ordering from them. You wont be disappointed

Thanks for the info, I'm going to get one also just not quite sure of the model just yet but micarta and kydex sounds good to me. đź‘Ť Oh! and Welcome to BladeForums.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to get one also just not quite sure of the model just yet but micarta and kydex sounds good to me. đź‘Ť Oh! and Welcome to BladeForums.
Thanks for the welcome.

I posted this one if you are interested. Great blade but I prefer the sirupate style more. Just personal preference.

I've been a little busy and was planning to do a full review of my 14" blade Kailash Mutiny with large micarta handle and kydex sheath. They are very good, but I needed to spend about 15 minutes with metal polish to get rid of the light surface rust (not unexpected during shipping) and the edge needed a touch up on my Worksharp ... but it's a beast. I only managed to do some light chopping and was very impressed considering how light and thin it is, and not designed as a chopper.

The "micarta" is more accurately described as epoxy soaked cloth, that is tightly wrapped around the tang and ground to shape. It's not as dense as true micarta we would find on production knives since they are not under tons of pressure, but the handle works... very comfy, light and certainly weather proof.

Overall I am very happy and will eventually get around to doing a full review too!

Interesting about the micarta. Mines full tang so it was slabs and more like the micarta im.used to on knives. Good to know though. I plan to order another soon and plan to get a handle like yours. My second blade from them had some surface rust too.

Quite possibly that the micarta cloth wrap is used on the traditional tangs, while full tangs get real micarta. I don't have any issues with the cloth wrap, I think the lighter weight works well and the epoxy means its practically bombproof.

The kydex sheaths are great, but I did remove the huge dangler and bolts, and replaced it with a lower profile large Tek Lok.

I'm gonna try it on the next order. I'm pretty happy with the kydex sheaths but I replaced the dangler and bolts too. I made a leather dangler for it.

This gets me super pumped for mine to show up. I placed the order in Feb and saw some tidbits April....

Ahhhh!

Quite possibly that the micarta cloth wrap is used on the traditional tangs, while full tangs get real micarta. I don't have any issues with the cloth wrap, I think the lighter weight works well and the epoxy means its practically bombproof.

The kydex sheaths are great, but I did remove the huge dangler and bolts, and replaced it with a lower profile large Tek Lok.
Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words. Great to hear what we're doing is working and hope the knives have kept on plugging:)
We use the same cloth and epoxy for both the wrap and the scales, however the scales see a lot more pressure and have a grain structure much more like micarta. Terotuf is a closer comparison for both but the vast majority of potential customers don't have ay experience with it.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Back