Kailash MSI info please

Hello all , looking at ordering a Kailash MSI / 10.5" with a few slight changes , something that could fit into a daysack and would like peoples views and photos on this particular kukuri . I want a smaller sized kukuri that would still give a bit heft for light / medium bushcraft and utility use . I am looking at ordering a reliable blade with some hollow grind with a 9mm thickness spine tapering to 8mm for 4 or 5 inches of the length then fully tapering to the tip , white rosewood handle with brass fittings . For the scabbard I will be looking for a traditional Brown Salyani leather Dap ( without the frog ) but fitted with Potuka buttons and straps and a traditional tinder pouch .

Why do you specifically want a 9mm spine with such little tapering? If there isn't a really good reason for that I'd be looking at the HSI instead.
To help benefit the chopping power whilst reducing clunkiness at the tip by tapering ( 9mm at bolster , reducing to 8mm for first 4 or 5 inches then tapering towards the tip creating a leaner tip .

Why do you specifically want a 9mm spine with such little tapering? If there isn't a really good reason for that I'd be looking at the HSI instead.
To be honest from a personal point of view I dont like the shape of the HSI . Also I will be requesting the slightly angled shoulder/ spine be rounded as thats what I prefer in a kukuri . I do have a BSI from another kukuri house and although robustly made it just feels like a heavy ( 600g ) chopping tool , I have always prefered kukuris to feel a little more lively in my hand. Andrew from Kailash does seem to understand how weight , balance , and overall ergonomics come together to produce a kukuri ideal for the individual .

Back