Katana Identify Help

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by MichaelWestwood, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000

That's great news! I don't know if I would call it a fake unless they were selling it as a genuine antique sword. Instead, it is what it is, a low quality piece with a rather impressive price tag.

2. Sigp210

Sigp210 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ed is good people. Always get good comments about him, if you are looking for a good deal that is one of the places to check out (he posted his link to Yakiba.com)
    Darcy (Yuhindo) is way up there. When you are buying at that level, you know you are in good hands and buying the best. Also a great educational site. Just read his descriptions, look at his pics, and you will learn a lot.
    Rich S is the grand daddy of online Nihonto knowledge. Japaneseswordindex is great to learn from, and is one of the first places you should spend time on.
    There is some good advice in this thread on where to start.

Mecha likes this.
  3. mross

mross

Nov 10, 2003
    The links of the OP appear to be dead. Could the OP or a mod put the original photos up for future reference? One other comment on the Yakiba site, great inventory but could you ask him to lose the blue font? Almost unreadable, especially to old farts like me.

4. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Sigp210-
    Thanks, but not a grand daddy, just an old geezer had 5 dogs and one cat.:)
    Rich S

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Mecha likes this.
  5. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    LOL, in twenty years you are the first to complain about the blue text. I don't do it deliberately, when I add hyperlinks to additional information, it automatically produces the blue colored text. I just never bothered to change it.

I do add red and light blue text :D

6. natasharobsonss

natasharobsonss

Oct 29, 2019
    Katana is a Japanese sword characterized by a curved, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.

Mecha likes this.
  7. SouthernComfort

Dec 8, 2011
    Thank God you came along and cleared that up. We will all sleep better now that you have provided this much needed edification. Jerk-off)Smiley.gif

8. Mecha

Mecha Titanium Bladesmith Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013

Oh ya? Well a Ken is a Japanese sword characterized by a STRAIGHT, DOUBLE-EDGE blade with a circular or squared guard and a SHORT grip to accommodate ONE hand! o_O

Triton, SouthernComfort and WValtakis like this.
  9. SouthernComfort

Dec 8, 2011
    ken_senjuin_fv1.JPG

Mecha likes this.
  10. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Oh yeah?! Well a ninjato is what you find at the ends of ninjafeet...

SouthernComfort and Mecha like this.