Photos Katar by Andrew Meers MS

Caleb Royer

Photographer
Hey guys, just so you know I will be setup doing knife photography at the ICCE show in Kansas City next week. I'll see you there!

Katar by Andrew Meers MS

Outer bars are 15N20 & 1084 in a W's twist.
Handle tines are bold twists welded together then joined to the piece.
Core is 1084 & AE 203E in a W's feather pattern alternated w/ plain steel.
Pommels are 1084 & 15N20 in a W's radials.
Handle is forged & textured stainless steel & carbon steel with 6 yellow sapphires set into it.
Washers & liners are stainless.
Inlays on the handle bars are fine silver & 24k cat tails. The MS badge on the blade is done in 24k.
Inlays on the handle are salamanders done in copper w/ shakudo & gold overlays.
Sheath is leather w/ cayman tail inlay & textured steel backplate w/ frog inlay done in copper w/ shakudo & 24k overlays.

Instagram: @mr.meers

37033189926_b848eee25c_h.jpg

37057061656_11d73dc7c0_h.jpg

37057070606_a708b21bc3_h.jpg

37057067376_4308ba4963_h.jpg

that's an incredible piece, and some fine photography:thumbsup:

What an amazing execution with multiple patterns flowing together as a cohesive whole.

That's like the blade-smithing equivalent of rocket science... and I'm pretty sure that analogy doesn't make sense. But I love seeing a truly ambitious project like this one; the beauty & intricacy is absolutely amazing. Spectacular work, and some fantastic photography. :thumbsup::thumbsup: + :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A complete tour de force! Hard to pick a favorite part, but very absorbing to pore over the details.

Now that's what I call thinking out of the box - superb

I'm proud of this young man. A star pupil from the Bladesmithing program at Massachusetts College of art and Design!

That is absolutely stunning, I love everything about it.

I can't even begin to imagine how all the facets of that knife were made. Amazing...

Back