"Keep in the truck" knife suggestions?

Hey there. Im thinking about getting a knife that will be for staying in my truck, in case I need it and dont have my pack with me. Im thinking something big thatll chop smash all day long. I always have a decent folder on me so Ive got the little things covered.

I was thinking maybe a 911/battlerat/1311 or dogfather or something? Would love a b11 but I dont see to many of those floating around.

What do you all think/have in your trunk/trucks?

Also, why isnt there a scrapyard forum here?

911 would be a great choice for a chopper. Piggyback a 311 on it and have all your bases covered.

I don't love keeping knives that are expensive or hard to replace in my trunk, so I usually stick with a Mora and a shovel.

Hey there. Im thinking about getting a knife that will be for staying in my truck, in case I need it and dont have my pack with me. Im thinking something big thatll chop smash all day long. I always have a decent folder on me so Ive got the little things covered.

I was thinking maybe a 911/battlerat/1311 or dogfather or something? Would love a b11 but I dont see to many of those floating around.

What do you all think/have in your trunk/trucks?

Also, why isnt there a scrapyard forum here?
If you like Res C then the Scrapyard has what you want, a few of the current offerings are good to go

If you prefer micarta and/or G10 then the Swamp has a few in the Rodent line that are great! I have a Rodent 9 and want to eventually get my hands on a 7 for a go to knife. Older stuff like the M9 and M6 would be great beaters for the long run, I'd trust my M6 to get me where i need to be no question, just wish the M7 wold have come to light.

The Busse Satin Jack Tac has been surfacing lately at a good price as well, but good for Busse is pricey to some anyhow.

I keep my best knives attached to or in the gear I will take bush with me. That said both my daily drive and my 4x4 have two or three knives in each. The daily has a "cheapish" Gerber Folder and an Emerson fixed blade (both in "the box" that lives in the back along with food and water for a couple of days) and a Cold Steel rescue knife in the console for seat belts and such.

The 4x4 has another Gerber folder and a Cold Steel something or another (Randal Copy) in the box under the deck alone with three days food water, camping/survival gear. All of these knives are functional and (sad to say) expendable should the vehicle go or get broken into.

Well, I've never tried res c but always wanted to give it a go. I hear it's comfy for long periods of time. Plus it's likely to be better to handle in cold weather. It's been -12 here for a few days!

I see what you mean about keeping nice stuff in the car so that's why I'm not shooting for a nmfbm right now lol

This ones easy...pack a grab-n-go setup that you can easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle and remove for security when necessary.

I do something like what I just typed...in it: RMD SE, KDSH, 711. Loadout is sometimes "upgraded" but never downgraded. I understand inexpensive tools for worry of loss/steal, however...I don't want failure when I need them most, so I rock quality gear every time (possible).

My keep in trunk is the same as my go everywhere LMAO, it just depends on where im going.

If im staying in the city it is illegal to carry any knife what so ever, even a multi-tool knife so i dont go around the city with knives.

But if im leaving the city im normally headed to the woods in which case i take quite a few. But i always always take the Chopweiler and KDSH and my RMD CG survival kit which has a scrapivore piggybacked on it

There isnt a single picture in this thread :eek: we need to rectify this immediately, All threads need pictures!!! :)

ymcb.jpg

pwlg.jpg

sjtf.jpg

hrl9.jpg

ismw.jpg

ke3e.jpg

My truck is well equipped. I have a Hammer butt KD hawk, B11 and scrapivore.

Really depends on what you can afford...
If I were on a tight budget, I'd get a 1311 and a Mud Mutt. Super bang-for-your-buck knives! :thumbup: :D

I've got a KDSH, a TGLB, and a Waki in my trunk.
I put a KDSH, Rodent-7, and a 1311 in my wife's trunk.

Well, I've never tried res c but always wanted to give it a go. I hear it's comfy for long periods of time. Plus it's likely to be better to handle in cold weather. It's been -12 here for a few days!

I see what you mean about keeping nice stuff in the car so that's why I'm not shooting for a nmfbm right now lol

Res-C is fantastic stuff. If you accidentally damage/tear it, you can fix it with a Bic lighter. BTDT. It's not as sticky as Kraton, but is still warm to the touch in the winter and gives a little.

Mora Companion Heavy Duty, Cold Steel Kukri machete and Estwing rigger's axe.

Once the Basic 8 is released, one of mine will stay in the truck. :thumbup:

*cough, cough

I hate to add this, but make sure it's not too expensive and in production to be easily replaced in case of vehicular theft. Unfortunately, I learned that one the hard way.

Back