Kerambit Design Works

What steel would like to see this Kerambit in?

• High Carbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CPM 154

• S90V

• S30V

• Total voters

RyanW

I have been working on a Kerambit for quite some time, I believe I have worked through the design with some help from various reliable sources ;)

I am trying to decide on what steel to use so I am looking for input from you!! Please vote in the Poll and tell me why

s90V - because of its high wear resistance. The less I have to sharpen that concaved curve, the better.

I vote s30v. It is easy to sharpen, love the edge it takes, and would be the much better choice in the moist environment I live in the Pacific Northwest.

I voted high carbon because you are a hamon wizard.
reality is, anyone who would carry such a specialized blade ought to be attentive enough to take care of it, and it's unlikely that most would put it to use, so why not use it to display your artistic approach to creating hamon?

I voted high carbon because you are a hamon wizard.
reality is, anyone who would carry such a specialized blade ought to be attentive enough to take care of it, and it's unlikely that most would put it to use, so why not use it to display your artistic approach to creating hamon?

This!

Thanks everyone for the Input... Close race, Lorien makes a fair point and would give the option of a Hamon if one was so inclined. I know there is some W2 out there now :eek:

W2 has proven to me to be one kickass choice for a blade, nice hamon too.

Back