• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Kershaw 3140 - 110 Clone

I picked up a Kershaw 3140 Wildcat Ridge, which is basically a clone of 'Buck knife' that was made in Japan. It's very similar to a Puma Master that I have except that it's a bit wider, the blade is a bit thicker, and it opens and locks up a bit better in spite of the fact that I had selected the Puma out of several that were available. The etching of the model and such in the blade is a nice touch as opposed to the stenciling on the Puma. The cordura sheath is nice as instead of having a flap that folds over the top it splits at the top, making it a nice 'pocket pouch' that keeps the knife upright. The knife is heavy, appears to be well built, and is an old fashioned design that contrasts nicely with something like a thin bladed liner lock with synthetic handles. Anyway, the model is evidently now made in the US of 440A and is called a 3340 instead of a 3140, but I haven't confirmed what the steel of the Japanese 3140 is as some say it's AUS-8, the smaller 3100 models appear to be AUS-6, while most say nothing as it's a discontinued model. Anyone know for sure ?

I guess I'll need to get a real 'Buck knife' sometime.

Back