Recommendation? Kershaw blur for first edc knife?

I forgot to mention that if you rather have a manual without assist you can take the torsion bar and it becomes a manual
I tried that with a Kershaw Cryo II Tanto and the action was terrible I think it takes more than removing that torsion bar to make it a good manual flipper.

As a newish knife person (up to 12 or so) I personally would look for a thin knife that fits your hand. In my opinion the more comfortable in the pocket the more you carry it. My first was a stainless delica I got as a gift. Heavy but disappears in the pocket for me. I then got a Spyderco Balance for coin pocket. I got a Superblue Manbug for the same purpose. The dragonfly 2 is also a great knife ergonomically. I now daily carry a benchmade 940. I actually went with aluminum because it seemed a but thinner and just as nice for what I need for $100 less. Don't get me wrong, I love my Super Leaf and can carry it fine, but it makes it hard to get a cell phone in next to it, so it gets my harder daily tasks.

Looking at your list, if think about the Leek for the reasons I mentioned. I think I'm going to get the composite blade with Damascus and D2 just for a change up daily carry.

Edit: I'd like to add that I personally like Spydercos due to good steel for the price and the common practice of having a nice finger choil . This was nice to have when I was practicing one handed openings or needing a bit of extra leverage. Rarely am I wishing I had an extra 1/4 of blade. That's not to say that other knifes are any worse, just a preference.

Last edited:
Back