1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 13 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel OD Green Trench Hawk, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 30; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Kershaw Grinder 1319B5 - move pocket clip, need screw specs to tap threads

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by TheShooter, Apr 13, 2018.

1. TheShooter

TheShooter

Jan 22, 2007
    Fellow Knife Knuts,
    I have a new Kershaw Grinder 1319B5 ($15.00 @ BIG5 on a 'one day deal'), but I am a lefty, so I need to put the clip at the other end, and on the opposite side of where it gets installed at the factory. See the picture of where I want to put the clip.
    Here's a picture of what I want to do - https://imgur.com/gallery/sDB7D
    I need to drill 2 holes and tap them for the screws.

Anyone know the thread specifications of those little T6 torx screws?

Thanks for any guidance you may have!!

~TheShooter

2. TheShooter

TheShooter

Jan 22, 2007
    Hmmmmm... lots of folks read my post, but zero replies. Did I say something stupid, or un-knifely? :confused: Maybe everyone secretly hates the Kershaw Grinder? o_O

OK, well, I am still wondering if anyone knows the TPI (Threads Per Inch). I whipped out my calipers and it appears to be a M2.5 x 6mm screw. Unfortunately, I don't have a tiny thread gauge...