Kershaw/Kai Question

Hello fellow knife knuts-
I found an old gentleman's folder type knife laying around and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this knife. I don't have the means to take or post a picture of it so I will try my best to describe it. One side of the blade says "Kershaw Oregon USA" and the other side says"by Kai Japan 2105" This knife has an odd "glorified lockback" locking system using a round wheel at the pivot which is gold colored. Opening and closing the knife is done without touching the mirror polished blade and definately involves both hands. It has narrow wood inserts in the metal handle with no visible fasteners. Blade length is about 2". Is this worth anything or is it junk? Thanks for your time

I did a quick web search for "Kershaw 2105" and this is what I found: http://www.jaysknives.com/kershaw_3.htm (second knife down)

Not a bad looking knife. They want $100 for it. Wow. For a knife with that steel and size, I don't know if it went for that much originally. But condition counts for a lot. You never know what a dedicated collector will pay for a discontinued or rare item.

Thanks for the info guys, I was unable to have the web search luck as Esav Benyamin had, but that is definately the knife in question. The handle steel around the wood inlay doesnt look as nice as the one pictured but maybe a good polishing will fix that. I would have been surprised if it was even worth half that!

Back