Kershaw oswego oregon 1050

High guys. I'm New to the forum. I need some info on a Kershaw 1050 that has lake Oswego Oregon instead of Oregon USA on the blade. Any body out there that can help me? I would appreciate any info on this that I can get. I've looked all over for for info. Thank you

First, welcome to the forum! Second, I am familiar with the model, but not the specifics of your question but I'm sure someone will be along to help you out. There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Myself excluded :D

Pete Kershaw opened Kershaw for business in 1974 in Lake Oswego, OR. Early manufacturing was mostly done in Japan. In 1977, Kershaw became a wholly owned subsidiary of the KAI Group based out of Japan. In 1985 Kershaw moved into a new facility in Wilsonville, Oregon. The same facility in Wilsonville later expanded to be Kershaw's manufacturing, marketing, and warehousing facility around 1997 I believe. A new greener larger facility was built in Tualatin, OR in 2003.

I believe that the 1050 had been in production since 82 or so.

650161382_tp.jpg

_MG_9109.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I'm still looking for a little more info. Like rarity years of production and ballpark value. Mine needs a little work to bring to bring it back to New. Just wondering if its worth doing anything to it. Thank you guys.

Thanks for your reply. I'm still looking for a little more info. Like rarity years of production and ballpark value. Mine needs a little work to bring to bring it back to New. Just wondering if its worth doing anything to it. Thank you guys.

Well by deduction I'd say 10yrs or less for the lake Oswego marked ones. They had to have been made sometime near the begining of Kershaw from my understanding. They have been made ever since, and you can still get a new one today. Unfortunately registered members aren't allowed to inquire about value (read the bladeforum rules and FAQ's). They are all over the net, and with a search you could see a ballpark estimate for yourself. If it were up to me and I owned it, I'd clean it up and know I had a good and early 1050. If you were looking to sell it here you would need to purchase a gold or higher membership. Hope that helps.
Only other person i know that knows a lot about these is Dave aka: kershawguy.

Thand you. Should I send it back to the factory to be restored or is there someone else that does that type of work?

You could contact some of the makers and craftsmen here on the forums. I am unsure of what Kershaw could do for you other than sharpening. Give them a call if you want.

Back