1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kershaw skyline flytanium instillation?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Prf618, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Prf618

Prf618

Aug 7, 2018
    So I recently purchased some flytanium scales for my skyline but I'm having trouble installing them. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the small metal parts that the backspacer screws thread into out of the g10 from the original scales? Because the flytanium ones don't have anything to thread into. Hope someone can help I really like the look of these scales!

2. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Maybe these will help you? I gave my Skyline to family.

3. Prf618

Prf618

Aug 7, 2018
    I appreciate the response but I have already watched both of these videos and unfortunately neither of then explain how to take out the part that the backspacer screws thread Into.

4. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    It says to contact them via email if you need help on the website. I would think they screw in to the scales? Is it possible they are locktite in?

5. Prf618

Prf618

Aug 7, 2018
    I have contacted blade hq where I bought them from and whoever got back to me didn't have any help. He actually directed me here. I have tried to put the scales together and there is definitely no way to screw the backspacer screws Into the flytanium scales without the small round metal bit that is built into the factory g10 scales. I should probably email flytanium and see what they say

Mo2 likes this.
  6. Dirty G

Dirty G

Aug 8, 2018
    Definitely email flytanium.
    I just took my skyline apart to take a look. Those little inserts look like they're fitted from the outside of the scale inward and pretty solidly at that. If you had to I bet you could take a small punch and work those out with some light taps around the rim but you might end up making them FUBAR. And worse yet render your g10 scales worthless if it ends up not working of your new ones.

Those things should have some threads in them man, that's just messed up

Mo2 likes this.