Kershaw Spa treatment?

Morrow

Don't make this weird
I have a used Kershaw 1410 plain edge coming and would like to have it restored to minty freshness. Does Kershaw offer this type of service? I didn't see anything on the website.

Thomas W

Banned
Without seeing the "used" portion of the 1410, I'm unsure about promising minty freshness, but yes, we can tune it up for you no problem. If you get the piece to us, we'll take it from there.

Morrow

Don't make this weird
Without seeing the "used" portion of the 1410, I'm unsure about promising minty freshness, but yes, we can tune it up for you no problem. If you get the piece to us, we'll take it from there.

Maybe "minty freshness" is an unrealistic expectation. :D

I'll post some pics here when I get the knife.

Thank you for the response.

Jason

Morrow

Don't make this weird
Here are the pictures of my 1410. I'm pretty impressed with this knife. It is the same size as a small Sebenza...a bit heavier. It opens smooth and the liner lock seems solid. There is a small amount of blade play (no big deal) and the blade is centered perfectly when closed. I wish the clip was a big higher as it rides a little high in the pocket. That is an easy fix with a trip to STR.

What does a Kershaw "tune up" consist of? I couldn't find any info on the website.

EDIT: oops...forgot to add the pics. :)

P1010044-1.jpg

P1010045-1.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048-1.jpg

Last edited:
GG, I have a Talon on the way. One of the heads of the screw on the clip is broken off.
They're like the one in Morrows pics. So what I'm asking, can I still get those same screws
to replace mine with?? I can probably get the screw out myself.
I just need a good screw. :D

Thomas W

Banned
The Spa treatment consists of some reflexology, a body treatment, some hydrotherapy, followed by a Brazilian wax job. Yet to see anyone that didn't find a happy ending.

BTW, I've seen a whole lot better pics from you morrowj_98.

Should be no prob on the screw SVincent.

That's a knife I think I'm going to try and track down. Beautiful lines. Anyone know what steel was used in the blade and frame?

The Spa treatment consists of some reflexology, a body treatment, some hydrotherapy, followed by a Brazilian wax job. Yet to see anyone that didn't find a happy ending.
I think I threw up a little in my mouth on that one. :D

Rik

Since we're on the topic of spa treatments...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can mine come too?

Attachments

• IMG_0223A.jpg
    IMG_0223A.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0224A.jpg
    IMG_0224A.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0225A.jpg
    IMG_0225A.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 159

mmmotorcycle

Midnight Joker #42
Platinum Member
Geez....what's the born date on that? sometime in 05'? :D
Nice well loved Blur! :thumbup:
And what's with that serration? :D

What! No love for a knife that actually does some work? :eek: No safe queens here! :p:D

Born: FEB 07. Died: Not yet! Hahahaha!

brad, that blur looks like the Lahar my friend Nate bought from me *i've owned two Lahars fyi*. the knife has gotten the **** knocked out of it. alot like that blur. i need to sharpen it up for him big time

kd, that knife has more than seen its share of work. Remember my (ab)use/review of the MUDD? Imagine that times 50. The unusual notch in the blade came from pulling fence nails out of locust posts. It chipped it a bit, but a minute with the rat-tail file and all is well! I've got to give Kershaw credit here. This knife has done everything I've ever asked it to, and has held up way beyond my expectations. The SpeedSafe still fires as fast as it ever did, and if I wasn't afraid of losing anymore blade, I could put it on the stone and still be able to shave with it. However, knowing where its been and what its done, I don't think I'd like to do that. Now I just keep a good edge on it, and try hard not to remove any more blade. But seriously, this knife has taken a beating and never gave me a problem. Excellent knife Kershaw!

I hear ya ol! :thumbup: