Kershaw Zt350 blade play

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyFrameLock

BANNED
Being using my Kershaw Zt 0350 for a few weeks now...just developed a little blade play...

It doesn't move back and forth but it has a millimeter of movement up and down, I can move the linerlocker in a little and it firms it up...almost like the linerlocker isn't putting enough pressure on it....

I can hold the handle and shake it and you can hear it wiggling.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I notify Kershaw? Or is there something I can do about it?

Up and down blade play seems weird to me, almost like the lock bar and the blade tang aren't meeting as snugly as they should. Send it back to Kershaw and they'll fix it. My 0350 that I've had for many months now has no bladeplay whatsoever. You can try tightening the pivot screw, but I doubt that would do anything in your case.

The lock is not engaging at it should.

You can fix it yourself by taking the whole knife apart and gently bending the lock so it engages more positive , or send it in for Kershaws great warranty service.

Tostig

The lock is not engaging at it should.

You can fix it yourself by taking the whole knife apart and gently bending the lock so it engages more positive , or send it in for Kershaws great warranty service.

Tostig

Tostig is exactly right. It's an easy fix if you're impatient like me. Otherwise, send it in.

Does it come apart pretty easily?

Just take the screws out around the handle and then the main blade screw?

Do I have to worry about anything popping out and flying across the room?

Its not too hard. You'll need Torx wrenches in T-6 for the clip and handle screws and T-8 for the pivot. Make sure the blade is open before working on the pivot and removing it. One of the tricks I've used is to take pictures with my camera to record where everything came from as I take it apart.

I've also put a couple layers of painters tape over the cutting edge, just to be safe.

I don't have any pictures of my ZT0350 apart, but here is a pic of a Random Task which uses basically the same Ken Onion design.

3532529126_e7043c80ef_o.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back