Kevlar Busses??

Aloha.
I'm curious about any info available on some "kevlar" Busse knives.Have a chance to pick up a pair of them and didn't know anything about them. They have paracord wrapped handles and serrated blades.If you can enlighten me further would appreciate it.
mahalo,
Tector

They are cool knives, but not kevlar. Much tougher. The material is called MP45 and it is a hand lay up material. This allowed us to make a truly custom material. We have video proof (no longer available) which shows this "plastic knife" being driven through 55 gallon steel drums, steel car doors, 6"x6" wooden beams and actually tearing through over 17 pieces of 1/2" hemp rope. No other plastic knife ever came close to duplicating these feats.

Good news, bad news. Good news is they are 2.5 ounces of metal detector-free high performance. Bad news is we are unable to get one of the polymers crucial to MP45 manufacture and they are no longer being made. Get them while you can. Hope this helps.

Jerry Busse

Tector, Jerry can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that these composites were the Stealth Hawks. I'm hoping that Jerry can tell us approx how many were made, or over what time period, as they tend to be quite scarce. I came across one myself a short while ago, and confirmed the origin after a couple of e-mails to both Busse Combat Knives and Andy.

For those who are unfamiliar with this breed:
Buscomp2.jpg

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Thanks for the information folks.
I was curious about the knives history.
Have opportunity to buy two of them.
Any idea what would be a fair price for them?
They are exactly as shown in the pic.
Mahalo,
Tector

I'd say get at least one if the price isn't outrageous. IIRC, original price was around $125-135, so you can start from there. The knives are older now, but they're not being made anymore, and probably haven't in some time now. A collector or dealer may have an idea what they want, or how much they think it's worth, but that may not necessarily be what the market bears.

I'm hoping Andy or Jerry can step in here, as I'm about tapped on info for these toys.

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Shomertec bought the remainder of our stock and had them for $137.00 plus $25.00 extra for the sheath I believe.

Jerry Busse

Just saw one of these in a gun shop the other day. They had it marked $137.00 cash price. It looked like it was rode hard and put away wet.

------------------

Back