Key Lardo Meaner Street?

That's actually a Key Lardo, one of my favorite EDC's :)

I have only seen one offered for sale in the past several years and it's on my belt a couple of times each week. If you do see one expect to pay quite heavily but rest assured you will never see one of your friends carrying one like it.

Unfortunately I only have sheathed pic's handy..

Lardo2.jpg

Lardo1.jpg

Thanks for the name correction, cpirtle.

Now I just to find one that is not a person's favorite edc :(

B

I would love to get another Inactive Duty or a Key Lardo. IIRC the Inactive Duty was .25 thick. May be wrong on that but something stuck in my head that I thought it looked a lot thicker than that.

You'd be lucky to score one for $700, seems like they were nearly that much direct from Busse. Too bad Busse has gotten away from ultra-thick smaller knives that the general discussion area of bladeforums used to make fun of a decade ago. Bring back the sharpened railroad spikes please!

Congrats on your score. That price wasn't bad, and obviously, you are happy with it. The Key Lardo was one of the thickest variants of the Meaner Street series, but my old bourbon addled brain seems to recall that a few even fatter ones exist. Might have been a special order for MikeH?

Inactive duty was .32 like this mean street variant. Railroad spikes were .35-.38 iirc
The slut’s were .25.

Something like that with a skullcrusher would be very sweet. Jerry still makes sharpened spikes, the fatback defender most recently.

Congrats on your score. That price wasn't bad, and obviously, you are happy with it. The Key Lardo was one of the thickest variants of the Meaner Street series, but my old bourbon addled brain seems to recall that a few even fatter ones exist. Might have been a special order for MikeH?

Porky Parkway for ronybear. :)

1 of my bigger regrets, not getting Fat Back Deffender lol I mean "No Regrwts" still will find one, with Black Canvas to boot

I like this just as much as my Fatback Defender. Would love to get my hand on one of these. How much would these go for when sold on the exchange?

No, this is the bigger brother - Key Lardo Mean St varity-

The buyer of that gem you had is one of my regulars and contacted me about making a sheath for it. I was tempted.. I'd love to reunite a set.

I like this just as much as my Fatback Defender. Would love to get my hand on one of these. How much would these go for when sold on the exchange?

I'm not being evasive but it's one of those knives that the seller can almost name their price on. There are not enough of them to have a track record on sales. I think I have had mine close to two years and have never seen another since. I would expect to see it around four digits. As mentioned earlier they sold for $600 almost 10 years ago.

ETA: I have heard that only 10-12 of these and the AD's have been accounted for and of course Busse isn't releasing numbers, but safe to say there aren't too many out there.

The buyer of that gem you had is one of my regulars and contacted me about making a sheath for it. I was tempted.. I'd love to reunite a set.

I can only hope that one day I can add one of these in my safe ;). Thanks for the response Chad :thumbsup:

I'm not being evasive but it's one of those knives that the seller can almost name their price on. There are not enough of them to have a track record on sales. I think I have had mine close to two years and have never seen another since. I would expect to see it around four digits. As mentioned earlier they sold for $600 almost 10 years ago.

ETA: I have heard that only 10-12 of these and the AD's have been accounted for and of course Busse isn't releasing numbers, but safe to say there aren't too many out there.

Back