1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key Lardo Meaner Street?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by bohdisattva, Feb 11, 2018.

1. bohdisattva

bohdisattva

Jan 13, 2012

Love this blade. Was wondering if you folks could tell me more about it.

Thanks,
    B

2. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    That's actually a Key Lardo, one of my favorite EDC's :)

I have only seen one offered for sale in the past several years and it's on my belt a couple of times each week. If you do see one expect to pay quite heavily but rest assured you will never see one of your friends carrying one like it.

Unfortunately I only have sheathed pic's handy..

Lardo2.jpg

Lardo1.jpg

lex2006 and Mike Pierson like this.
  3. bohdisattva

bohdisattva

Jan 13, 2012
    Thanks for the name correction, cpirtle.

Now I just to find one that is not a person's favorite edc :(

B

4. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    That is not the same as .32 thick AD that KH had for sale ?

5. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I would love to get another Inactive Duty or a Key Lardo. IIRC the Inactive Duty was .25 thick. May be wrong on that but something stuck in my head that I thought it looked a lot thicker than that.

6. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    You'd be lucky to score one for $700, seems like they were nearly that much direct from Busse. Too bad Busse has gotten away from ultra-thick smaller knives that the general discussion area of bladeforums used to make fun of a decade ago. Bring back the sharpened railroad spikes please!

stjones and ScoMa like this.
  7. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Love the railroad Spike, lol closest thing I have to one now is the Fudge

8. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    Congrats on your score. That price wasn't bad, and obviously, you are happy with it. The Key Lardo was one of the thickest variants of the Meaner Street series, but my old bourbon addled brain seems to recall that a few even fatter ones exist. Might have been a special order for MikeH?

9. bullpin

bullpin Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Inactive duty was .32 like this mean street variant. Railroad spikes were .35-.38 iirc
    The slut’s were .25.

Soulrack223 likes this.
  10. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Cool,thought mine was thicker than that.

11. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Something like that with a skullcrusher would be very sweet. Jerry still makes sharpened spikes, the fatback defender most recently.

12. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Porky Parkway for ronybear. :)

13. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    1 of my bigger regrets, not getting Fat Back Deffender lol I mean "No Regrwts" still will find one, with Black Canvas to boot

14. knife hunter

knife hunter "Die Hard Hog" Moderator & Dealer Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 5, 2007
    No, this is the bigger brother - Key Lardo Mean St varity-

15. TheirProtector618

TheirProtector618 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2016
    I like this just as much as my Fatback Defender. Would love to get my hand on one of these. How much would these go for when sold on the exchange?

16. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    The buyer of that gem you had is one of my regulars and contacted me about making a sheath for it. I was tempted.. I'd love to reunite a set.

I'm not being evasive but it's one of those knives that the seller can almost name their price on. There are not enough of them to have a track record on sales. I think I have had mine close to two years and have never seen another since. I would expect to see it around four digits. As mentioned earlier they sold for $600 almost 10 years ago.

ETA: I have heard that only 10-12 of these and the AD's have been accounted for and of course Busse isn't releasing numbers, but safe to say there aren't too many out there.

TheirProtector618 likes this.
  17. TheirProtector618

TheirProtector618 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2016