• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Keychain Multitool

I am considering adding a small multitool to my keychain.
Is there a consensus what the current favorite might be?
From a cursory survey of the market the Micra and Squirt S4 seem to fit the purpose. Has anyone made a first hand comparison between these models?

Open to other suggestions too.

Thanks, protodoc

Check the thread below this one called "Key Chain Knife" this was just discussed.

Originally posted by protodoc
I am considering adding a small multitool to my keychain.
Is there a consensus what the current favorite might be?
From a cursory survey of the market the Micra and Squirt S4 seem to fit the purpose. Has anyone made a first hand comparison between these models?

Open to other suggestions too.

Thanks, protodoc

Jack:
Thanks for the link, but it doesn't discuss a comparison between the Micra and Squirt.
Anyone own the two models and would like to comment?

Thanks, protodoc

The consensus seems to be that the SOG CrossCut is the one to buy. Better made, but costs more!

Originally posted by protodoc
Jack:
Thanks for the link, but it doesn't discuss a comparison between the Micra and Squirt.
Anyone own the two models and would like to comment?

Thanks, protodoc

I have a SOG CrossCut and a Leatherman Micra. I carry the CrossCut as one of my EDC's. My Micra sits in my knife-drawer.

I have the Micra and the P-4 Squirt. The Squirt is set up much better (my opinion) than the Micra. You don't have to open the tool to access the blades. The springs on the Squirt are a little on the weak side for my liking. It wouln't take much to close the blade on your finger. I would choose the Squirt over the Micra. I have never seen a SOG tool, so I can't comment on them.

Paul

Back