Keychain pry bar

What's your favorite keychain pry bar?
I plan on using it for general stuff to heavy for a LM Micra
Micro Widgy vs Gerber Shard vs cut down something from Home Depot

Ive had the Gerber Shard hanging alongside my keys for about 6 months now. The design is nice, but i havent used it once yet. Just havent had the need for its functions.

I carry a Gerber Artifact.

To be honest, it's gotten more use from the phillips driver and exacto blade than from the actual prying tip.

Great tool, though. I keep it on a steel S-biner, which in turn attached to a small, stainless shackle. The keychain hole in the Artifact is perfect as a shackle-key for it.

Peter Atwood Prybaby, although mainly for me it has acted as a really heavy duty bottle opener.

I carry a couple of Enderes keychain prybars that I picked up at the local farm and ranch store for $2.99 each. They do come in handy.

I carry a couple of Enderes keychain prybars that I picked up at the local farm and ranch store for $2.99 each. They do come in handy.

These 3 cost me around 10 bucks and a few minutes with a hacksaw.

pry1.jpg

cool i like this thread,

hatchetjack: you cut them yourself? how did you make the eylet or whatever its called ( the hole for pulling nails )

I just recenlty picked up a Boker titanium, keychain prybar. Haven't had a reason to use it yet.

cool i like this thread,

hatchetjack: you cut them yourself? how did you make the eylet or whatever its called ( the hole for pulling nails )

Hacksaw and then file the edge. You can round them off if you wish. The darker ones I flame colored with a propane torch. The eyelets are the way they come.

You can even make one to accessorize your Strider!
P1070837.jpg

Last edited:
I've been carrying a CountyComm Micro Widgy for years now on my keychain. Cheap, durable and lightweight.

County Comm wants $25 for shipping to da AK, economy. For comparison, Blind Horse Knives is shipping me a machete for $15 priority mail. Something the size of a widgy should run around four bucks and change.

Guess I'll go with whomever is current on shipping rates and not going for the "because you live in Alaska" gouge.

I have a PocketToolX Brewzer on the way. Looks really cool and I have heard good things about them. When I get it in, I'll do a little review on it.

I have a PocketToolX Brewzer on the way. Looks really cool and I have heard good things about them. When I get it in, I'll do a little review on it.

Got mine in the mail today. Replaced my Shard. Lifts caps easily when attached to key chain (extra leverage). Looks good too. The shard was mainly a bottle opener for me so the Brewster fits the bill nicely.

Last edited:
Got mine in the mail today. Replaced my Shard. Lifts caps easily when attached to key chain (extra leverage). Looks good too. The shard was mainly a bottle opener for me so the Brewster fits the bill nicely.
Cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Hatchetjack is right. I just did the same with a "Vaughan Mini Bar Nail Puller", Dremel, and hand drill. All in all, it's practically the same as a Widgy bar but for 5 bucks instead of $6.75+shipping.

Back