Keychain pry bar

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Clang!, May 20, 2011.

1. Clang!

Clang!

Jul 26, 2010
    What's your favorite keychain pry bar?
    I plan on using it for general stuff to heavy for a LM Micra
    Micro Widgy vs Gerber Shard vs cut down something from Home Depot

2. BlairB

BlairB Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2002
    STR's Titanium prybar

3. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    Ive had the Gerber Shard hanging alongside my keys for about 6 months now. The design is nice, but i havent used it once yet. Just havent had the need for its functions.

4. HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Jul 18, 2007
    I carry a Gerber Artifact.

To be honest, it's gotten more use from the phillips driver and exacto blade than from the actual prying tip.

Great tool, though. I keep it on a steel S-biner, which in turn attached to a small, stainless shackle. The keychain hole in the Artifact is perfect as a shackle-key for it.

5. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Peter Atwood Prybaby, although mainly for me it has acted as a really heavy duty bottle opener.

6. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I carry a couple of Enderes keychain prybars that I picked up at the local farm and ranch store for $2.99 each. They do come in handy.

7. hatchetjack

hatchetjack

May 24, 2005
    These 3 cost me around 10 bucks and a few minutes with a hacksaw.

[​IMG]

8. badJuJoo

badJuJoo

Mar 24, 2011
    cool i like this thread,

hatchetjack: you cut them yourself? how did you make the eylet or whatever its called ( the hole for pulling nails )

9. EarlFH

EarlFH

Nov 29, 2010
    I just recenlty picked up a Boker titanium, keychain prybar. Haven't had a reason to use it yet.

10. hatchetjack

hatchetjack

May 24, 2005
    Hacksaw and then file the edge. You can round them off if you wish. The darker ones I flame colored with a propane torch. The eyelets are the way they come.

You can even make one to accessorize your Strider!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  11. BoxANT

BoxANT

Mar 23, 2008
    I've been carrying a CountyComm Micro Widgy for years now on my keychain. Cheap, durable and lightweight.

12. H2H907

H2H907

Dec 30, 2007
    County Comm wants $25 for shipping to da AK, economy. For comparison, Blind Horse Knives is shipping me a machete for $15 priority mail. Something the size of a widgy should run around four bucks and change.

Guess I'll go with whomever is current on shipping rates and not going for the "because you live in Alaska" gouge.

13. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt

Mar 15, 2010
    I have a PocketToolX Brewzer on the way. Looks really cool and I have heard good things about them. When I get it in, I'll do a little review on it.

14. hatchetjack

hatchetjack

May 24, 2005
    Got mine in the mail today. Replaced my Shard. Lifts caps easily when attached to key chain (extra leverage). Looks good too. The shard was mainly a bottle opener for me so the Brewster fits the bill nicely.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  15. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt

Mar 15, 2010
    Cool. I'm looking forward to it.

16. ChrisB507

ChrisB507

Mar 29, 2005
    The Atwood Mini Prybaby is about perfect for me. I don't do too much prying--but could!

17. Handforged

Handforged Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Hatchetjack, where did you get the metal and how did you make the bend?

18. hatchetjack

hatchetjack

May 24, 2005
    It's a mini pry tool from ACE Hardware and I mod them. Easy to do.

19. Tripwire895

Tripwire895

Jun 17, 2012
    Hatchetjack is right. I just did the same with a "Vaughan Mini Bar Nail Puller", Dremel, and hand drill. All in all, it's practically the same as a Widgy bar but for 5 bucks instead of $6.75+shipping.

20. MajorLonghorn

MajorLonghorn

Jul 6, 2012