Khuks vs Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear khukri lovers,

Khukri is a very fascinating object - be it as a tool or a weapon. Some ppl collect it just for the sake of it's beauty or object of historical value.

If we mix the khuk subject with the messed up international politics, I am sure somewhere along the line, we may experience flaming war. As we know, the collectors and forumites come from vast back grounds and surely they tend to have different views on the topics being discussed. Though I would incline to believe that the majority of HI forumites are Americans, we cannot discount the other minority forumite groups from say, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. Some of them are Moslems - if the Americans have the right for their ideology, they also are entitled to that right. No one has the right to impose one's ideology on the other. So, let's understand those rights.

Since the thing we have in common is the love for khukri (or other edged weapons/tools), I suggest we stay away from politics subjects that may bound to war of mouths, and in the end, a lot of these khuk lovers will stay away from the cantina. I hate to see the cantina turns into a mess like the international politics. Also, if this is allowed to go on, some of the forumites may stay away from the cantina, and eventually will look for other avenues. HI will substantially lose some customers.

Enough rambling from me, I apologize in advance if this post has made you all feel uncomfortable.

Regards.

Arya

I'm very glad that you post here and in the Cantina. As far as I am concerned, you are very welcome here.:)
Namaste

i worked in Saudi for over a decade and have a deep respect for Islam and the majority of the Saudi's. like anywhere else they also have their proportion of extremists and people who think they have the only true interpretation of God's will and wish to impose their own morality on others, we have them too, we should not let those types change us. they are acting out of fear, fear that they will lose power, or respect, or fear that their way of life will change, fear that what they have believed in for so long may not be the true path. again, in that even they are like everyone else. the more we see of others, the more we see we are all the same, warts and all.

everyone here should treat everyone else with the same respect they expect for themselves, for they are ourselves... on occasion we forget, being human we can all make mistakes. we can all strive to be better.

i also reserve the right to politely poke fun at people when they get too full of their own importance or if things get a bit stale. i poke myself on occasion too, and others seem to enjoy poking fun at me, so yet again i see we are all the same underneath. ;)

Albaniko,

Thank you very much and I feel much welcome by your nice gesture.

Kronckew,

You summed it up the way I should have done. Forgive my poor English.

Arya

Locked...but this *is* one example of why some subjects need to be addressed in their own forum.

Moving it to the Cantina...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back